We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Outback Safari POP

chigwell, essex. uk
Level Contributor
1,306 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Outback Safari POP

Can anyone give me some guidedence on this trip. Last time we went on the Monster Safari and were thinking of giving the Outback Safari a turn for our next holiday. Now I have a rather embarrising question. Are there any toilet facilities for ladies before lunchtime. When we were on our previous trip the men were peeing behind trees and a wooden cubicle halfway up a hill, in someone's garden. This was just a very deep, extremely smelly hole in the ground. I know this might sound squeemish, but I just could not go. Considering that you leave your hotel at around 8am, it's hell of a long wait until lunch. We were drinking quite a lot of water and this really spoilt my enjoyment as I was just busting. I do realise that roughing it, is part of the Safari, but what would happpen if you really needed to go? Has the Outback Safari any better toilet facilities en route?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Outback Safari POP

lol you should have looked for a tree. for the ladies a small bush to hide behind.

Bowmanville...
Level Contributor
215 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Outback Safari POP

Such a smart alleck eskimo! WHY do you have to be Canadian??? LOL... Btw Ipp, that sounds terrible!!!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
2,610 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Outback Safari POP

Hey, this is a good post. I am wondering the same thing. I know a friend of mine was on a similiar excursion a couple of years ago and for awhile couldn't enjoy herself as she had to go so bad. I don't know if it's the Outback. I am one of those ladies that has to go alot so if it's a trip like that I probably wouldn't go.

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
751 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Outback Safari POP

we did the outback safari about 2 years and were just watching our home video last week.

before lunch you stop in the countryside to see how the people really live out there. There is an outhouse. Its completely private, but no plumbing. yes, its a wooden hole. But at least its private.

If you can't do that, you stop at a river for lunch.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
2,610 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Outback Safari POP

I can handle an outhouse. How long into the trip is this wonderful excursion to the powder room?

Sosua, Dominican...
Level Contributor
911 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Outback Safari POP

hi there we just did the excursion again in april, i think its about 1hr -1-1/2 before you get to the dominican home in the countryside that you stop for a bit.

norfolk,va
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Outback Safari POP

wewent last year in july and our tour guides were scooobie and jessie they are the best tour you will ever take but ask for scoobie and jessie, we are coming again sept29-oct6, kim

norfolk,va
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Outback Safari POP

out back safari is the best with scoobie and jessie!!!!!!!!!!!

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Outback Safari POP

We went last March and yes there is an Outhouse near the garden at the Dominican House and it is about an hour into the trip.This seemed to be the time when they broke out the drinks as well so if you go before you leave the resort you should be fine. The next facilities I remember were at the Lunch stop were it was Real facilities to use, not an Outhouse. There may have been some at the school but it was likely an outhouse.Our guides were Scooby(driver) and Reuben(Host). They were both excellent and kept you entertained and well informed. I would e-mail the Outback Safari and ask this question, maybe there are places they go if you need to?

canada
Level Contributor
161 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Outback Safari POP

well we where on the safari in april 2005 and when we stopped at the little house along the way she did have running water and flush toilets. one other think the guide you want is angel he is great.