We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

do i need tablets

Which Puerto Plata hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
1 review
Save Topic
do i need tablets

Can any one help were going for the first time with my husband and children age 8 and 14 do we need injections also i seemed to get bitten quite easily has anyone tryed those mossie machines in the room also what electric adapter do we need im trying to tell my teenager daughter to leave her straightners behind also do people dress uo in the evenings do men have to wear long trousers in the restaurants....

toronto
Level Contributor
204 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: do i need tablets

you will need an adapter for electrical . men need trousers for the a la carte restaurants (women r mostly casual wear)We always went back to room to change comfortably after dinner.

I never had problems with mossies-but I regulary take vitamin b (some swear by it)otherwise spray yourself with deet product.

London
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: do i need tablets

For the resturants, like you say you have to wear trousers, are jeans ok!

england
Level Contributor
5,648 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: do i need tablets

Hi there

Trousers are usually required in A la Carte restuarants.

Hair straighteners will work but waste of time as humidity is so high.

Vaccinations are reccomended, Hepatitis A, Typhoid, Diptheria/tetnus/polio check with your GP.

Don't leave it till last minute.

We also take "malaria" tablets. Again check with your GP.

Happy Hols

Sparky

england
Level Contributor
5,648 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: do i need tablets

Hi again

Jeans are OK, buffet restaurants allow shorts, but most insist they are dry, not straight from pool.

Sparky

england
Level Contributor
5,648 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: do i need tablets

Check this link for "adaptors"

http://www.tamarshop.co.uk/index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=450')

england
Level Contributor
5,648 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: do i need tablets

Check this link for "adaptors"

http://www.tamarshop.co.uk

Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
762 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: do i need tablets

if you go vaccines are reccomended but ive known people go and not be affected at all go to local pharmacy ask for avcolor malaria tabs you take 2 one week before and every week after then for 4 weeks after you get back they taste horrible but i think its better to have a back up than fall ill but as i say not known any one be taken ill take a travel adaptor as you ar changinging from 240 power to 110 other wise have a good vacation you will enjoy .

england
Level Contributor
5,648 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: do i need tablets

Avicolor cheaper @ Llyods than Boots.£1 in Lloyds £5 in boots

Isle of Man
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: do i need tablets

The British government doesn't recommend anti-malarial medication for the north coast of DR and there hasn't been an outbreak there for at least a decade, probably much more.

http://www.cabarete.org/AboutDRSafety.html

From the above page, there are links to the Health Protection Agency and a very interesting download (PDF) about malaria in general.

England, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: do i need tablets

thanks for your help i think im going to make appointment with the doctor what sort of snacks r they during the meals anything we can get later on in the evening around 11pm