We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boots at Manchester airport?

Which Puerto Plata hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North Wales, UK
Level Contributor
177 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Boots at Manchester airport?

Bit of a silly question perhaps...

Travelling on 16th May to Blue Bay... only have 20kg luggage allowance (being female that's not a lot!).

So I was thinking of perhaps buying a few bits from Boots at Manchester airport to save some on the weight... Big bottle shampoo (500ml so weighs a bit!), maybe after sun, just some of the heavier bits...

As I believe our hand luggage will have been weighed at this point. I'm not bothered if it costs that little extra to do it, but is this possible? What is the Boots like there? Is it stocked well? (it's been many years since I was at the airport!)

Thanks in advance!

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
37,706 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boots at Manchester airport?

Here is the link to Manchester Airport shops but dont know which terminal you are going from, but there is a link and floor plan of each terminal.

Angie.

leeds west yorkshire
Level Contributor
261 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boots at Manchester airport?

the boots in the airport is not the greatest.

might be worth checking ure luggage weight then thinking of paying the over weight charge might be easier

Isle of Man
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boots at Manchester airport?

While I agree, it's not the greatest, it does have all the basics, so 'Boots own brand' or main brand sun tan lotions etc are all available there. There is a large "Duty Free" shop which I think sells lotions etc.

We always keep weight down by buying books & magazines flight side (as well as a few litres of water!)

When I flew out in January, they were doing quite a bit of renovating so it looks like there will soon be more/bigger shops flight side.

North Wales, UK
Level Contributor
177 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boots at Manchester airport?

Thanks everyone :)

Yeah, I didn't want anything extravagant, we've only got a small boots store in our town anyway so am used to it...

Just some Head n Shoulders shampoo, boots own after sun, whatever lotion I pick up for me (bought p20 for my husband but my skin's not as picky!), the bits that soon add up weight wise in the case!

UK
Level Contributor
2,285 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boots at Manchester airport?

Shaniannie

Which tour operator are you travelling with.

Need to know so can advise further.

Chrissy

North Wales, UK
Level Contributor
177 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boots at Manchester airport?

Thomas Cook (Direct Holidays).

We have 20kg checked luggage, 5kg hand. And I know that each extra 1kg is £10.

:)

UK
Level Contributor
2,285 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boots at Manchester airport?

no i wasnt asking about your tour operator for your luggage it was to say which terminal you'll be going from...OK

THOMAS COOK IS TERMINAL 1 and there are 2 boots there quite big ones with everything in so you should be fine and..........

if your clever take one of thoses fahionable big bags with you as I do and use that to put any extra stuff in as it DOES'NT get weighed...lol

Terminal 2 is under refurbishment and the facilities are NOT GOOD they have 1 very small boots and one even smaller and not much in them...

Hope this helps

Chrisyy

North Wales, UK
Level Contributor
177 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Boots at Manchester airport?

Ohhh thanks Chrissy!

Yeah I was actually thinking of taking a backpack and just stick my handbag in that lol I'll stick a few essentials in it, and then get some more stuff at the airport :D Ooo that's made my day lol Thanks again!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Boots at Manchester airport?

There was talk of relaxing the laws on liquids in your hand lugage not sure how far this has got.

northern ireland
Level Contributor
357 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Boots at Manchester airport?

I've already bought my suntan lotion and we dont go until July, Boots, Superdrug and Tescos all have great offers on at the min..... Buy One get One Free.