We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cigarette prices in DM

LIVERPOOL
Destination Expert
for Makadi Bay, Hurghada
Level Contributor
3,560 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Cigarette prices in DM

Does anyone know if the duty free in DM sells English cigarettes specifically Lambert and Butler or are they available in the shops out there and if so at what price.

Thanks in advance

John

North Wales, UK
Level Contributor
177 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cigarette prices in DM

At the airport (on the way home) I bought some Lambert and Butler. I can't for the life of me remember how much they were but they were (marginally) cheaper on the plane - £25 for 200. I want to say $41 (usd)... but the exchange rate is better now than what it was when we went in May.

I did see one shop at the plaza selling L&B's... They worked out roughly double what they were on the plane.

Blyth, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cigarette prices in DM

Hiya, yes the duty free sells English cigarettes, L&B were $25 for 200 - that was on the way back, but you can get them on the return flight too..in resort we were paying 200 pesos, which is bout £4 a packet, so a little bit cheaper than home. home that helps.

Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
762 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Cigarette prices in DM

hi

marlboro were 950 pesos for 200 ,1000 pesos around 20 pounds

shops in the plaza sell english ciggarettes l&b regal

number 6 king size ,super kings prises do differ as to the brand

leeds
Level Contributor
249 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cigarette prices in DM

we used to buy an american brand from the plaza these are a lot cheeper and if u can find the right 1 they are a good smoke cant remember the name of them but they were in a red packet

England
Level Contributor
1,466 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cigarette prices in DM

Hello,

Prices for English ciggies are much cheaper bought duty free on the plane.

Have a great holiday.

devon
Level Contributor
182 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cigarette prices in DM

Check with the airline you are flying with i have been told you can take as many as you want into the dom rep so i always buy mine on the way out for the return flight. At least that way you know the are L@B i have done it every time i have gone and never been stopped. Plus they often run out on the return flight.

sue

7. Re: Cigarette prices in DM

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2009, 12:39
Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
39,384 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cigarette prices in DM

If anyone is flying First Choice/Thomson the cigarettes are £22.00 a carton of 200 or £32.00 a carton of 400

Angie.

newbury
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Cigarette prices in DM

hi ian,thankyou very much for all your helpful advice regarding grand paradise you have been very helpful mail me soon thanksxxxxxxx

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
39,384 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cigarette prices in DM

Just an update on cigarette prices First Choice/Thomson they have gone up a couple of pounds.

200 - £24.00 and 400 - £34.00

Angie.