We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gran Ventana Beach Hotel

Scotland
Level Contributor
672 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Gran Ventana Beach Hotel

Does the room have a hairdryer and will my hair straighteners work.

Do men have to wear trousers in the restaurants at night

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
40,911 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gran Ventana Beach Hotel

Hi,

Gran Ventana has hairdryers situated in the bathrooms.

Hair straighteners will work if they are dual/worldwide voltage meaning have a look on the stamp on your straighteners and see if the voltage is 110-220v if so you are fine, the Dom Rep voltage is 110v, if you only have an older model hair straighteners with 220-240v being European voltage only your hair straighteners will not heat up as hot as they do at home.Saying that with the heat and humidity in the Dom Rep your hair will not stay straight for long anyway.

Men can wear dress shorts being knee length or 3/4 length trousers as well as long trousers, but men must wear sleeved shirts either polo or T-shirt style no vest syle tops.

Angie.

leeds
Level Contributor
249 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gran Ventana Beach Hotel

cost me a fortune on dual voltage straighners and all the product that go with it but with a hour my wifes hair went wavey

so in the end she gave it up as a bad job

Scotland
Level Contributor
672 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gran Ventana Beach Hotel

Thanks for you`re reply

4. Re: Gran Ventana Beach Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2010, 06:18