We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Victoria Golf & Beach Resort advice

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
74 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Victoria Golf & Beach Resort advice

Hello,we are traveling next week to Victoria Golf & Beach Resort we are a family of 8 with 4 young adults including 2 teenagers,I am a bit concerned about the lack of activities for our children although the hotel will certainly suit us older ones.

We booked with thomas cook over the phone and we were told its A/I Dom rep 4 star,with us going to Dom Rep 3 times in the past I thought it would suit all our needs,I have heard it has a sister hotel the Gran Ventura. can we use the facilities including ala carte entertainment ect.I have read reviews about the hotel and they are all positive so we are all excited about our holiday.

thanks in advance

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
39,506 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Victoria Golf & Beach Resort advice

Yes you can use all facilities next door at the Gran Ventana, including the A La Cartes and entertainment,so your teenagers will not be bored. Read these reviews.

tripadvisor.co.uk/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

Angie.

hamilton
Level Contributor
54 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Victoria Golf & Beach Resort advice

Went to the gran ventana 2 yrs ago, went back last year and found it to be a bit too noisy and changed to the victoria, i would suggest once you arrive if the young ones find it too quiet ask to be moved as Marlyn at reception is a star, i personally would have booked the gran ventana given the ages of the party as the victoria is really laid bck.

leeds
Level Contributor
249 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Victoria Golf & Beach Resort advice

i would check your booking, i have a brochure for adult escape so all hotels are no kids

and the victoria is in there

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
9,947 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Victoria Golf & Beach Resort advice

juz_and_craig,

You should check your brochure - kids are welcome at Victoria. Blue Bay is the only adult only north coast AI resort.

Gregg

UK
Level Contributor
2,285 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Victoria Golf & Beach Resort advice

Gregg is right...

Blue Bay is the only adults only hotel there.... but Victoria does have an

Adults only pool there....I believe.

Chrissy

leeds
Level Contributor
249 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Victoria Golf & Beach Resort advice

thats what i thought but for some reason it has been stuck in the thomas cook brochure, but there again i have also found out loads of mistakes have been made in the brochures

they even told me i could not fly premier gold unless i went to certain hotels

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
108 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Victoria Golf & Beach Resort advice

Whilst the Victoria is not strictly adult only, you rarely see kids there.

It is really quiet these days, but the staff are great and the 8 of you will make you own party! and yes you can now use the gran ventana's facilities, and to be honest in the daytime you may welcome the peace of the Victoria- I love it there!

8. Re: Victoria Golf & Beach Resort advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2010, 06:22