We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

riu mambo

derby england
11 posts
Save Topic
riu mambo

Is anyone travelling to Mambo complex around 12th Nov 2005 from Manchester?

Just wondering as we are a party of 6 with 1 youngster aged 15any replys welcome, cant wait

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: riu mambo

You will love the amabo wife and i stayed there in 2003/04 loveed it have fun!!

Cheshire, UK
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: riu mambo

Kidsnus

Stayed at both the RIU Mambo and the RIU Merengue, now in the process of booking to go to the Bachata next year.

You will love it - Stay at one, play at all 3, you can eat, drink and play at any of the 3 RIU Hotels with the exception of your evening meal (buffet) will need to be eaten at the Mambo - always found there to be a very good selection of food each night on the buffet.

Take a look at the RIU Website, www.riu.com and follow the links for the 3 hotels mentioned above.

If you need to know anything else just shout.

Have a wonderful time and have a couple of Presidentes for me

Karen

london,Canada
Level Contributor
1,445 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: riu mambo

November is still part of the hurricane season so you may experience several days of rain or you may luck out and have beautiful weather. Our rooms at the Mambo were supplied with large umbrellas. We were there last December and used them all day and night for 4 of our 6 days there.

Taking bismuth or pepto tablets with each meal may help out quite a bit for any unsettled stomachs. Last season the complex had a gastro problem for several months so hopefully that doesn't happen again this season.

The grounds are beautiful and if you enjoy walking you will love it. It's great that you don't have to stick to your own complex for breakfast and lunch. We found the staff very friendly and helpful.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: riu mambo

Karen,

We just signed up for 11/19-26 at the Mambo.

Our first trip to DR. We are a little concerned about the potential for rainfall but as long as it's warm we'll take what we get and hope for the best.

Any suggestions or tips you would like to share? Like: Are there plenty of chairs by the pool or do you have to reserve early? You mentioned Presidentes - what other beers do they serve?

I knew there was "some restrictions" about sharing the facilities. You mentioned the dinner at Mambo only... any others?

Very excited about visiting, esp. after all the positive hotel reports we've read.

Thanks for the great input.

Jan.

Buffalo, NY

Cheshire, UK
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: riu mambo

Fries9130

You will find there are plenty of chairs around all the pools at the 3 hotels including a swim up bar at the Bachata, again plenty of chairs also on the beache - on the occasions we have been we have spent most of our time on the beach in front of the Mambo, never had a problem finding a chair, with regards to saving chairs around the pool - can't comment.

You can use the facilities of all three hotels with the exception of your evening meal (buffet) which is eaten in your case at the Mambo, you can also dine at any of the A La Carte Restaurants (booking is required).

All beverages are locally produced and the cocktails both alcholic and non-alcholic are very very good. The mini bar in your room is replenished every other day, big bottle of water, bottles of lager, mixers and pepsi, also full size optics (I think Rum, Whisky, Brandy).

Take care and have a wonderful time

Karen

london,Canada
Level Contributor
1,445 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: riu mambo

You can use any of the 3 pools and the time of year you are going isn't the real busy season so you probably won't have a hard time finding chairs at any of the pools or the beach. We just stuck to the beach area closest to the Mambo because we always returned our stuff to our rooms when we went for lunch. Our kids liked the pool area better than the beach plus they had more activities and entertainment at the pool area.

My 2 teen boys enjoyed the beach volleyball and even though many couldn't speak english they had fun. I know there is lots more for them to do but we were down for 4 days due to illness contracted while there so unfortunately we didn't get a chance to do much of anything or try any of the other restaurants for meals.

Everyone is helpful and if you ask someone who doesn't understand they are always willing to find someone to help you out. Have a great time.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
144 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: riu mambo

My boyfriend and I are staying at the Mambo Nov 14-21. We had booked for Mayan Riveria but our flight got cancelled. Not sure what to expect of DR, I am used to going to Mexico.

TORONTO
Level Contributor
357 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: riu mambo

the mambo was awesome...as others have said you can use the facilities at all 3 resorts, which is great ! I went last nov and it rained 20 minuites each day around 8 in the evening didnt effect the trip at all almost refreshing... you will have a great time !