We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to book - Riu Buchata, Mambo or Merengue

Which Puerto Plata hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kitchener, Canada
Level Contributor
63 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
What to book - Riu Buchata, Mambo or Merengue

Can someone please tell me which one of the Riu's I should book at - price difference is not much.

Middlesbrough
Level Contributor
76 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to book - Riu Buchata, Mambo or Merengue

I like the Mambo I think it is the smallest. it has the best beach. It is aIso the only one with a beach bar. It is also only one that doesn't make you wear a band on your wrist. We talked to entertainment staff who had worked at all 3 and they said it was the friendliest and all the staff were like one big family.

Merengue is in the middle of the 3 and people are constantly walking through.

Bachata looks the most impressive but when we visited we found it very impersonal. But you can use the dining rooms and facilities of all 3 whichever one you choose

Kitchener, Canada
Level Contributor
63 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to book - Riu Buchata, Mambo or Merengue

Thank you that's really helpful.

Canada
Level Contributor
331 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to book - Riu Buchata, Mambo or Merengue

Since you have access to all three resorts, with the exception of supper, I would book at whichever one is giving me the best price. You can't go wrong with any of them, they are all excellent choices.

gt yarmouth
Level Contributor
104 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to book - Riu Buchata, Mambo or Merengue

you dont wear a band at merengue

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
322 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to book - Riu Buchata, Mambo or Merengue

great input as we are considering one of the 3 as well, can anyone tell me what the Mambo was like for kids ages 4 and 9. Did you see alot of kids on the resort? thanks all!

Iowa
Level Contributor
291 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to book - Riu Buchata, Mambo or Merengue

We're big fans of the Mambo too! We'd usually hang at the beach all day and then stroll down to the Bachata swim-up for "happy hour". As the swim-up closed we'd have them make us one last drink and stroll back down to the Mambo. Also, make sure you check out what tthe evening entertainment, each day, at all 3. We enjoyed the beach party at the Bachata the best. Go Mambo!

7. Re: What to book - Riu Buchata, Mambo or Merengue

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2010, 05:17