We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

returning after 4 years absence

london
Level Contributor
436 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
returning after 4 years absence

I last visited the domincian 4 years ago and stayed at the bahia principe. i have stayed at the paradiso del sol, the old villas doradas (pre refit), the superclub breezes and the bahia several times. After the problems that the bahia suffered last year (we never had a days illness in 5 visits) i have decided to book the riu batahca from the 22nd march for 2 weeks........have i done the right thing?? comments please. ps anyone else going same time

coventry
Level Contributor
344 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: returning after 4 years absence

We stayed at the rio complex 2007 hotel merengue, there are 3 hotels batacha, mamba, and merengue had a great holiday then. You can use all 3 hotels, we are going back april 2010.I could not fault the place,have a good holiday.

Iowa
Level Contributor
292 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: returning after 4 years absence

You'll love the Bachata! However, make sure, if you're a beach person, to hang out down at the Mambo. They have a nicer beach and the only beach bar. Remember when asking for a drink at the beach bar to specifically ask for brugal rum. If you give them a couple of bucks...they got it there! Have a great time.

Oil Springs
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: returning after 4 years absence

My husband and I are going to the Bachata in a few weeks, staying for 2. Can you let me know the best way to book the a la carte restaurants? Are the room bars free?

london
Level Contributor
436 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: returning after 4 years absence

when are you going... we are going on 22 march....i am told the room bars are included and the the restaurants have to be booked early on the morning at the reception. if you are going after us i will post and confirm this for you

5. Re: returning after 4 years absence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2010, 05:17