We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

drinks in sosua

holmfirth
Level Contributor
443 posts
247 reviews
Save Topic
drinks in sosua

hi on average how much is a lager or glass of wine in sosua

thanks

kia

Santo Domingo...
Level Contributor
274 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: drinks in sosua

Depends where you drink. downtown average is probably around 100pesos, maybe slightly more these days. Cuba Libre 70or80pesos, wine is shockingly bad and so never tried for a few years.

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17,963 posts
282 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: drinks in sosua

Wine is not that great here. Vino Miapo (chilean) is ok and runs between $120-$160 RD ($4-5) a glass. Stay away from Val De Plata wine (is grape juice mixed with etoh...tastes a little what i imagine lighter fluid would taste like).

Beer is $60-100 RD ($1.75-3) a bottle.

Cubra Libre about $80 RD ($2+)

This is in the local restaurants and bars.

BObK

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
44,053 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: drinks in sosua

I agree with Bob. Val de Plata is a pretty cheap and bad wine (I believe it;s Italian but bottled here).

In my opinion, another decent and inexpensive Chilean wine is Gato Negro (priced similar to Viña Maipo). If the bar/restaurant carries Argentinean wine by the glass, you may want to try a glass of Malbec (Norton or Trapiche).

Silvia

4. Re: drinks in sosua

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2010, 07:18