We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breezes' Hotel

Jersey
2 posts
Save Topic
Breezes' Hotel

Am booked to go to Breezes hotel in Puerto plata for May next year, with 2 kids a a husband who will be 40 whilst we are away...heard good and bad things, any true reviews please

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Plata
Puerto Plata
Dominican Republic
Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
9,947 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Breezes' Hotel

The resort is a good one - but none are perfect for all. The only valid, consistent negative I can substantiate is thet when the renovations were done, after the purchase from LTI Sol de Plata, almost all the money was spent on common areas and generally the rooms are getting tired and are in need of refurbishment and upgrading.

Otherwise no real major problems.

If you have specific questions please ask.

Gregg

North East...
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Breezes' Hotel

Hi, we will be travelling on the 30th May for our wedding. We will have our baby with us who will be 19 months when we go. Will you be there for our wedding? which i think willl take place 5th or 6th of June but we dont find out till we get there.

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
285 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Breezes' Hotel

We enjoyed our stay at Breezes last November. The rooms are a bit dated but ours was always clean. The light is very poor was our worst complaint.

We always had hot water but some buildings did not.

The food and staff were great.

Bring some air mattresses or something to float on in the pool. I am 5'7" and couldn't quite reach the ground to go around the lazy river area. There are some for sale there but of course they are higher priced.

Your trip will be good if you go with a good attitude. My husband was uncertain when we arrived but loved our vacation once he got used to it. Sometimes when we arrive at a new place we really don't know what to expect and we have to be open-minded.

scunthorpe, UK
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Breezes' Hotel

Hi Gregg

Do you know if they have any plans in the near future to sort the rooms out?

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
9,947 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Breezes' Hotel

I am not aware of any but maybe Chinola could call a couple of friends who still work there and let us know what they say. At the same time I'll send a couple of e-mails too.

I may not get an answer before I fly out on Fri so it may be a while before I post anything.

Gregg

Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Breezes' Hotel

Hey Gregg

Honestly I don't think anything will be done on the rooms for at least another year.

The were plans for renovations during the years of opening as Superclubs, but it never happened and it won't for the next future.