We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Bay Villas

Ottawa
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Blue Bay Villas

I'm looking to book Blue Bay Villas for a trip in May and saw that there have recently been a number of poor reviews. I was there in March 2008 and had a great time and found the resort to be clean, well kept, friendly staff. I'm just wondering if things have changed... I know the food wasn't always the greatest and trying to get a chair often posed a problem as I didn't like getting up at 6am to "reserve" one, but I know there are issues with any resort. I liked that it was a smaller resort and the adults only was definitely a plus...

Any words of advice for someone looking to make a return trip???

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,558 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Bay Villas

We just returned from BlueBay after spending 3 glorious weeks there. You will likely have to play the lounger game but service was a good as ever. We found the food to our liking; there were always tasty dishes at every meal. Service was excellent and the resort is still very clean.

New pillows and bedspreads were introduced to a good number of rooms while we were at BlueBay. The bars have new coffee machines which produce fancy coffees or chocolate drinks............very yummy.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,247 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue Bay Villas

I'm heading out tomorrow morning to BlueBay and I understand the feeling, Ottawa Talltraveller.

The most recent reviews are mediocre to poor and that is a bit unsettling. It's not just one review, but a few back to back. However, I'm going there with a very optimistic mind and looking forward to being with my honey in Paradise.

I'm not looking for perfection at all. Every resort/hotel has minor issues. I just want quality service and good times.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,247 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue Bay Villas

I'm heading out tomorrow morning to BlueBay and I understand the feeling, Ottawa Talltraveller.

The most recent reviews are mediocre to poor and that is a bit unsettling. It's not just one review, but a few back to back. However, I'm going there with a very optimistic mind and looking forward to being with my honey in Paradise.

I'm not looking for perfection at all. Every resort/hotel has minor issues. I just want quality service and good times.

Ottawa
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Blue Bay Villas

Thanks for the replies...after looking through the photos and remembering what a great time I had there I think I'm going to go ahead and book it. I know what to expect and the deal I found just can't be turned down. I could pay an extra $1000 and go to a 5 star in Punta Cana, but for a nice, relaxing getaway for the price, I don't think this can be beat. Let me know how you find it when you get back Cat8803! Have fun!

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
570 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blue Bay Villas

Just got back from Blue Bay 3 weeks ago, it was fine. We have a good time. Food was great. Yes there is the issue of the lumpy pillows (although some rooms have been updated I've read).... I didn't mind the pillows. Yes some of the chairs need repair. But, all in all, it was still a great place to go. We try not to sweat the small stuff. Some people you just can't please. Drinks were good, cold, and plentiful! Take your thermol mug. Have a blast! P.S. Timeshare guys will approach you. Just tell them you've been there for a few days and you already went to the demonstration. They'll leave you alone.

Ottawa
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Blue Bay Villas

Booked it! Thanks everyone. Looking forward to heading to Blue Bay Villas on May 17th!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
476 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Blue Bay Villas

We'll just miss you, Ottawa. We're there from May 7-14th!

nj
Level Contributor
737 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Blue Bay Villas

I will be there May 11th - 14th then im off to viva tangerine til the 17th

9. Re: Blue Bay Villas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2010, 06:28