We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from VH Gran Ventana

Which Puerto Plata hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Halifax
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
Just back from VH Gran Ventana

I will say that from touring the beach and the grounds of the Playa Dorada complex, This is by far the best Resort in the area, nothing else even comes close! I will answer questions if anyone has any.

Winter Garden...
Level Contributor
141 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back from VH Gran Ventana

I am booked at the Barcelo, but looking around to change resorts any input. How was the food at the Ventana?

Halifax
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back from VH Gran Ventana

The Barcelo was actually right beside us, and looked nice compared to most in the complex. The thing I noticed is there were very few loungers on the beach compared to the hundreds we had availabe.

The food at Ventana was absolutely fabulous, different selections for every meal the whole 7 days never the same food offered twice! We didn't bother with the a la cartes as we were so pleased with the buffet, and I didn't want to have to bother to wear pants as it was so hot the whole week. We heard from others that the a la cartes were amazing also.

devon
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back from VH Gran Ventana

I am so pleased to read this! We got married at the Gran Ventana 10 years ago september and are going back for our 10 anniversary, i have read some worrying reviews on trip advisor but hope it is as good as it was 10 years ago.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
97 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just back from VH Gran Ventana

Hi I'm planning to go there with my daughter who's 20 and maybe a friend of hers, but befor I book i need to know if this resort has a young crowd there, her age? also a very important question is do they serve frozen strawberry drinks.. thanks

Edited: 24 May 2010, 15:46
Toronto
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Just back from VH Gran Ventana

I head that the night life is over when the show finishes. Is this true? Any disco?

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
37,293 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just back from VH Gran Ventana

There is no disco at the Gran Ventana but a couple of minutes walk across the road you have Coco Bongos night club that you can party until the early hours.

Angie.

Edited: 24 May 2010, 16:50
Toronto
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Just back from VH Gran Ventana

Am I the only one that hates CocoBongo?

You have to pay for drinks, the music is loud, blaring, and North American (!!) and I have no desire to dance with teenagers!

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
37,293 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just back from VH Gran Ventana

Dreamer001Toronto,

Well in that case you will have to research more resorts that do have an onsite disco.

Angie.

9. Re: Just back from VH Gran Ventana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2010, 05:15