We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hates the weather forecast boooo.

Which Puerto Plata hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
11 posts
Save Topic
Hates the weather forecast boooo.

I know people say dont look but cant help myself... All i can see is rain rain rain for the whole of my stay.. Please call send me some hope, I need the sun ;-0)

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
37,703 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hates the weather forecast boooo.

Hi Crazy31,

Deep breath and stop worrying......I bet most of the daily weather says a "chance of rain " or something to that affect...........a shower is normally late afternoon when you have left the beach or there could be rain overnight. That is what we have encounted in our past May holidays, but nothing to spoil our stay.

Angie.

Hamilton
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hates the weather forecast boooo.

Ahh I'm worried too...I'm leaving for DR this afternoon! Rain, rain and more rain but hopefully it's incorrect like most say it is.

London
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hates the weather forecast boooo.

hahahah I must be doing your heads in but ill be so upset.

Yeah Angelina its say thunderstorms and rain lol

Hammer Girl who you there with ?

x

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
37,703 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hates the weather forecast boooo.

Which online weather site are you looking at.........lol

Angie.

Edited: 07 May 2010, 12:57
London
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hates the weather forecast boooo.

Thomson, yahoo, bbc and any other one in Google hahaha x

toronto
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Hates the weather forecast boooo.

don't even pay attention to any weather websites. they have been wrong every time i've went away.

they say rain non-stop for 2 weeks right?

The last time I went away, i was there for 8 days...I had one day of overcast, and it rained early in the morning a couple of times (i was still sleeping, so who cares? haha) and then later in the evening for a 45 minutes one night. Soo not even a full days worth of rain.

online forecasts are ridiculous.

London, United...
Level Contributor
214 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hates the weather forecast boooo.

Stop your worrying guys, we are out here right now and have been since sunday and have only seen rain ONCE, weather is hot and sunny, not humid a night , pretty much perfect,

bring plenty of suncream you will need it!

Be Lucky

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
37,703 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hates the weather forecast boooo.

Thanks for the update from the Dom Rep drbaldy..................at least that should put Crazy31 mind at rest.............as poor BobK is not online doing the daily weather updates as he is in the States in a hospital bed after a broken leg in a bike accident and wont be back in the DR until another week before he can fly.

Angie.

Stirling, Canada
Level Contributor
799 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hates the weather forecast boooo.

They can't get the weather forecast right for us in Ontario so don't worry about the DR. If it rains spend your time in the Ocean or pool, you're wet anyway and just remember you're not at work or have any of those other daily worries. We're leaving for the airport in 5 min (Toronto), going to Grand Oasis Marien for a restful week. I'll have everyone in mind when sipping my first drink!!

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
37,703 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hates the weather forecast boooo.

Enjoy your trip dets...........woud'nt mind being on Costa Dorada beach myself with a cocktail in hand.

Angie.