We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

For all you smokers at the Airport

scottish borders
Level Contributor
29 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
For all you smokers at the Airport

Alas an airport that you can smoke in, just as you head up to Duty Free and Departures there is a Resturant just to the left of you which alows you to smoke as long as you buy a drink there or something to eat , their burger and chips are lovely bit expensive but never the less worth it. TRY SITTING DOWN WITHOUT BUYING ANYTHING, then you will have the most horrible little guy threatening to move you away or he then threatens to call security, I certainly didn't tip him, my hubby nearly punched him like many others................What a let down, such lovely people at my hotel who couldn't do anymore for you to this little Jobs Worth..... His loss.

Kelowna, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
811 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: For all you smokers at the Airport

Well you have to remember if they let one person sit and smoke without buying anything then it would just turn into a smoking lounge!! They do have to make a living too! :) We went because we are smokers and didn't have a problem buying something so we could sit and relax before the plane ride! Well worth the money IMHO :)

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17,728 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: For all you smokers at the Airport

scottylass38

Wait a minute you mean that if you sat in the restaurant smoking they made you buy a drink or something. My goodness what is the world coming to, if you sit in a restaurant they expect you to purchase something. I hope you did not let this ruin your vacation.

Yes this is a smart a** remark, but come on!!!

BObK

scotland
Level Contributor
47 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: For all you smokers at the Airport

scotty lassy im presuming by the name you didnt fly from Gatwick lol . Unless you are a scottish lass living down south. Just wondered did you fly from Glasgow and is there anywhere to smoke at that airport because on previous yrs we have had to stand around outside smoking check in last then run through airport like something out of home alone film lol. Am praying to god they have seen the light and changed their ways. If not then hubby is boarding plane with his usual 20 nicotine patches on lol.x

scottish borders
Level Contributor
29 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: For all you smokers at the Airport

Hi no smoking unfortunately at Glasgow (thats where i flew from) :(

scottish borders
Level Contributor
29 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: For all you smokers at the Airport

I appreciate what you are saying but there are ways and means of telling someone the rules of the resturant, No one likes to be threatened, even a simple notice would have saved the confrontation everyone had, we also had a 4 hrs delay which didn't help.

scottish borders
Level Contributor
29 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: For all you smokers at the Airport

!

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17,728 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: For all you smokers at the Airport

I am sorry but in all my travels all over the world i have never seen rules posted in a restaurant about not taking up a table (that other customers could use and generate income for the establishment) wth out ordering but just to smoke.

I have seen rules such as no shirt, no shoes no service,but again nothing about taking a table and not ordering. It is a restaurant after all and not a smoking lounge.

BObK

8. Re: For all you smokers at the Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 December 2010, 06:17