We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gran Ventana e-mail

toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
160 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Gran Ventana e-mail

Can anyone please give me an e-mail address for the Gran Ventana resort in Puerto Plata. I want to request a room with a view. I tries info.vhhr.com and it will not work for me.

We are leaving on Jan. 28.

Thanks

Happy Holidays

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
331 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Gran Ventana e-mail

Hi Vern,

I used www.victoriahoteles.com.do/vhhr/contact.html If you scroll down this page it gives you things to fill in and you can get to them this way. It worked for me last year. I also requested a certain room. I did not get an answer, but I got the room I wanted. I have also used it this year to make my request and I am keeping my fingers crossed that it works.

Montreal
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Gran Ventana e-mail

Which is the best block?...Is that block that much greater then the others?

toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
160 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gran Ventana e-mail

Thanks Ruthie I am also from Brampton. Do you know how the snorkelling is there.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
331 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Gran Ventana e-mail

Vern,

Apparently there is a small reef off the Grand Ventana Resort and people do snorkel there. I think if you are really into that sort of thing you can take a boat trip to an island that is for snorkeling. I use to do this sort of thing in Grand Cayman, Jamaica and Contadora Island but now that I am 60 I would look silly out there floating on top of the water with a life vest on. Just not my thing anymore. I am sure there are other people on this site that know more . Try a search for "Snorkel" and all the threads should come up. When you are at the Grand Ventena on the 28th we will be at the Victoria at the same time. It use to be that you could try the ala carte resturants at the sister hotels. Ask at the front desk and you may be able to have a meal at the Victoria, We hope to dine 1 or 2 nights at the Ventena. We loved thier ala carte resturantes. Just gives you a change of venue.If you venture down the beach too the Victoria area you can't miss us we are the couple with me on a lounge and hubby in a chair sitting on the beach as close to the bar as we can get!.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
154 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Gran Ventana e-mail

Hey Vern....I also emailed the resort and got exactly what we wanted. It was great. We were there in January 2004 and here's a link to some of the pics that we took while there!

http://community.webshots.com/user/llb2345

Have a great time!

Leanne

toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
160 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gran Ventana e-mail

Thanks Leanne, I can't wait. We were in Cuba in November and thanks to the Hurricanes we did not have a very nice time and this is to make up for it.

united kingdom
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Gran Ventana e-mail

Hi, We are going to G/V can you give us any idea what would be a good block to be in, we are 70 67 40 40 36 15 13 13 10 years old group from the U/K, we dont like to much noise us oldens, have seen that block three and round the pool can be very load any advise would be very helpful Thank You

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gran Ventana e-mail

Debbie's lists contact info for the resorts.

Gran Ventana Beach Resort

sales@vhhr.com

(809) 320-2111

(809) 320-2112 Fax

toronto
Level Contributor
257 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gran Ventana e-mail

Telpen - you should ask for rooms at the quiet pool, Beata section...you could get rooms on the ground level to minimize the stairs for the "oldies" in your group. Make sure though that you ask for pool side rooms (you do't want rooms backing onto the street) away from the bar as there is a bar at this pool open all day and evening and you wouldn't want to be right next to it (although it's not a really busy bar but it just takes a few noisy people at night to keep you from sleeping) This section of the hotel is just a few minutes walk from the main lobby and away from the entertainment area. Yes it's a further walk to the beach but nothing is to far as the resort is very compact. The kids can use the larger pool/beach and the oldies can be by the quiet pool. We've stayed at the GV three times and prefer this location.

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Plata