We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Time Change

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Saskatoon
Level Contributor
1,181 posts
136 reviews
Save Topic
Time Change

What is the difference in time between Puerto Plata and Saskatoon? Also, anyone know what the actual flying time is. Our ticket says 9 hours to fly down and 7 to come back - so I am assuming there is a time difference.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
106 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Time Change

I don't believe there is a need for "daylight savings time" in DR - my flight down from NY is 4 1/4 hrs, back home to NY is just over 2.

7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Time Change

Hi There; Puerto Plata is 3 hrs ahead of Edmonton so I asume it will be 2 hrs for you.

Flying time from Edmonton is 6 1/2 hrs.

chigwell, essex. uk
Level Contributor
1,312 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Time Change

On the subject of time. What time would the sunset in POP in July. Does it get dark very early?

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
133 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Time Change

The Dominican is 2 hours ahead of Saskatoon. Just got back last night. You'll love it.Can't tell you the flight time as we left out of Toronto nut a couple we talked to in Punta Cana said their flight was 7 hours I believe out of Saskatoon.

Level Contributor
167 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Time Change

two hours ahead of US Central time. One ahead of eastern. It gets dark there at 6:30. Back yeaterday.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
202 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Time Change

Hi there....the difference is 2 hours for sure.

They are one hour ahead of Ottawa...you guys are 1 hour behind us..(I use to live in Regina many moons ago)

You are on holidays...anyways...time won't matter...have fun!

CC