We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What do you like better, La Romana, or Santo Domingo?

Which Puerto Plata hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sparta, NJ, USA
1 post
Save Topic
What do you like better, La Romana, or Santo Domingo?

What do you like better: La Romana, or Santo Domingo?

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,012 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What do you like better, La Romana, or Santo Domingo?

They are very different. As cities, Santo Domingo is far larger and more cosmopolitan than La Romana. As resort destinations, there isn't anything in Santo Domingo and when people talk about the resorts of La Romana, they usually mean those on the beaches at Bayahibe and Dominicus, not really La Romana at all. The resorts of Santo Domingo are in Juan Dolio or Boca Chica, 30 minutes away.

People tend to prefer one or the other depending on what they like in their vacation. I like to vacation in Bayahibe and visit Santo Domingo for a day or two.

Kaki

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,898 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What do you like better, La Romana, or Santo Domingo?

I personnaly did not like the resort in Boco Chica(Don Juan) or the Coral Hamanca.. I would go witht he LA Romana area..

Santo Domingo...
Level Contributor
274 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What do you like better, La Romana, or Santo Domingo?

Boca chica is a dump, filthy and unpleasant characters about. Dolio is going through a spat of bad times at the moment, I wouldn't recommend going there either. Santo Domingo city has very little to offer that can't be seen and experienced in half a day.

4. Re: What do you like better, La Romana, or Santo Domingo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2011, 05:16