We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it safe to travel in November?

Toronto, Canada
3 posts
Save Topic
Is it safe to travel in November?

Please respond asap. I don't have much experience since this is my first vacation. Any help would be great! Thanks everyone

Sault Ste. Marie...
Destination Expert
for Cuba
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it safe to travel in November?

Safe how? Weather wise, crime wise?

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
39,026 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it safe to travel in November?

Hola-oops,

As previous poster mentioned........ safe in what respect......... could you be more specific then we will be able to help you.

Angie.

Toronto, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it safe to travel in November?

Well weather, crime. Also, I haven't really decide where to go in 2 weeks. Undecided if I want to go to punta cana, santo Domingo, puerto plata? Thanks for all ur help.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
39,026 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it safe to travel in November?

Hard to say what this coming November will be weather wise, as the climate worldwide is on the change, last November 2009 was a very good month with hardly any rain as you will see from the link I have supplied but if you go and put in for November 2008 you will see that year there was alot of rain. No one can tell how the weather will be from one year to the next except Mother Nature herself.

tutiempo.net/en/…784570.htm

Crime,yes there is, well there is crime worldwide I am sure there must be some crime even from where you live in Toronto, but if you are careful like any where you travel in the world you will be fine, just dont flash the cash or wear expensive jewellery when out and about, take taxis at night if going out to eat at restaurants or going to bars off resort, the Dominican Republic is very safe for tourists by following these important rules, we go out and about travelling independently and have never had a problem or come upon any nasty situations, the Dominican people are very proud of their country and welcome you with open arms.

Angie.

5. Re: Is it safe to travel in November?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2011, 05:18