We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deep Sea Fishing

Which Puerto Plata hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
138 posts
Save Topic
Deep Sea Fishing

Hi

now hubby is asking the questions too....I think he is getting excited but of course would not even think of saying so until a week before we leave!!!!MEN! hahahah

Is there decent fishing (I know its the ocean) and if anyone has the name of a reputable charter....he was the only one who caught some big thing last year and the year before and it keeps the guys busy for a few hours...

The cost also if you know......

Thanks

momma

Altrincham, United...
Level Contributor
519 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Deep Sea Fishing

Go into the plaza, don't book thro the Rep, way too expensive. Got to one operator, get a price and then take a leaflet from him. Go to the next operator and make sure he sees you have somebody elses leaflet. He'll knock the price down in an instant. Take his leaflet and go to the next operator and so forth. I picked my up for $43, but got cancelled due to crappy weather. Haggle with them.

Winnipeg
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Deep Sea Fishing

When you suggest the plaza, is that in the Playa Dorada? We are staying at the Riu Resort and were looking for fishing trips as well but wasn't sure whether to book before we left or not.