We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunquest Roulette-Anyone try this?

Windsor, Ontario
Level Contributor
114 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Sunquest Roulette-Anyone try this?

Price for 4 star Roulette is cheap, anyone book this and can tell what resort you got??

Windsor, Ontario
Level Contributor
114 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunquest Roulette-Anyone try this?

I just got back, but with amount of snow here I want to go back, any info on this Roulette would be greatly appreciated.

Toronto
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunquest Roulette-Anyone try this?

You will get placed at 1 of the following 4* resorts in P.P.(as per Sunquest website):

VH Grand Ventana

VH Victoria Resort

Bahia Principe San Juan

Riu Mambo

Barcelo Puerto Plata

Blue Bay Villas Doradas

Iberostar Costa Dorada

Based on that list you really can't go wrong!!! Hopefully you'll get lucky and placed at the Iberostar :-)

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
57 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunquest Roulette-Anyone try this?

We had originally booked with sunquest but after more than 6 changes of dates (canceling on their part) I can see that this may be their solution. No one wants to be surprised with a date change the week you are to leave, but if they tell you they have no idea where you will end up. (there is a wide variety in this list you post----good and very average) but that they will get you somewhere. I guess you have to look at the price. Whatever rooms they do not fill YOU GO THERE. simple

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
57 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunquest Roulette-Anyone try this?

additional comments. I went to their website and they offer them only for the 7 days so this is how they deal with last minute deals I guess. No need to reduce the cost if they can fit a basket of folks into the basket of hotels anyway they want to. Jamaica sunset hotels have been doing this for a long time and I believe it is also Sunquest. Friends tell me they have never got the more expensive hotel (JAM). That is not scientific though

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,559 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunquest Roulette-Anyone try this?

We did a similar kind of trip with a different carrier and were very pleased. Look at it as an adventure and you won't be disappointed.

Windsor, Ontario
Level Contributor
114 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunquest Roulette-Anyone try this?

The 4 star roulette seems much cheaper than last minute and you are under no time duress to book, showing $409 for 7 nights at 4 star, sounds too good...

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
41 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunquest Roulette-Anyone try this?

who did you book through? is it family friendly & all inclusive resorts? would be flying form saskatoon or calgary. thanks. want to go in mar.

Richmond Hill
Level Contributor
74 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunquest Roulette-Anyone try this?

I too am interested in booking this way. But there are four of us and we don't want to end up in two different hotels. There must me more people out there that have tried this before. We need there suggestions!!!

Toronto
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunquest Roulette-Anyone try this?

This sounds very interesting. I would typically never book this way, but the price for a 4 star is very tempting. More feedback would be appreciated!

Mississauga, Ontario
Level Contributor
475 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunquest Roulette-Anyone try this?

We booked the roulette 4 for the end of November. But we don't know which hotel we will be at yet?