We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Minnesota
Level Contributor
157 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Looks like it is clearing up!!

I have not read anything about people who have stayed there lately. I wish some of these posters would STOP being redundant.What is going on NOW. How many sick this week?

England
Level Contributor
170 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Looks like it is clearing up!!

HERE HERE! Recent information would be very welcome!

Newcastle, England
Level Contributor
221 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looks like it is clearing up!!

The latest I read was from people who returned home 14th January - a week ago - guess what.........they were sick!

Oakville, ont
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Looks like it is clearing up!!

I'm sure they have it under control...closing the Riu Hotels and fumigating was a good thing..

Minnesota
Level Contributor
157 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looks like it is clearing up!!

How many & where did they stay & where did You read this?

Newcastle, England
Level Contributor
221 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looks like it is clearing up!!

Read it on the Dominican Republic Hotels section on this site. 11 out of 12 sick. Think it was under Riu Bachata Hotel but there are also reviews for the other 2 hotels - Mambo & Merengue.

Toronto
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Looks like it is clearing up!!

TravelingAsh said he knew some people that were coming home today from the Bachata. Hey TA, any update on the current condition of the resort?

Minnesota
Level Contributor
157 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looks like it is clearing up!!

When Norwalk hit the cruise ships They fumigated only to find out that it didn't matter. The virus was carried back in with the workers. But,,,, they did clear it up !

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looks like it is clearing up!!

SUNSURFER - is it true that they closed the resort - and if so when did they close it to clean it up???

Mississauga, ON
Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Looks like it is clearing up!!

the problem is that they stopped sending passengers to the Bachata - but did not stop to the Mambo and Merengue and we all know how close they are - so how does that help. Also, they did not move the passengers currently there from the Bachata - so how could they properly get it under control? Too many questions!

Vermont
Level Contributor
536 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looks like it is clearing up!!

I spoke with them yesterday and they were healthy - they are staying at the Bachata. They also haven't heard of others who were sick. The word around the resort is that the virus has moved on and spread to other parts of the island - outside of Puerto Plata. But it looks like the Riu is undercontrol finally. They will be back late today and I will talk with them on Monday - I will be sure to let all of you know the scoop then.