We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Don't look...after you book!

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
120 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Don't look...after you book!

I knooooow I was totally asking for it when I went online to check the trip pricing after we booked, but I was REALLY hoping it would go up (I know that sounds so mean *LOL* but it's not like anyone books a trip hoping that the prices will go down later on!)

Instead, I went online to the site where we booked our trip and saw that the prices have gone DOWN! *cries*

The oceanview room pricing is now TWO DOLLARS cheaper than the gardenview pricing that I paid for a week ago! AAAARGH! Just for fun, I called the agency and asked if they had any price guarantees or if I could just have an oceanview room now that it's pretty much the same price I paid last week, but no go. Oh well, it didn't hurt to ask and it would have been a bonus if I was told yes! Bottom line, I'm just happy to be going but it does kind of sting a little! *LOL* Just wanted to vent a tad!

Brampton
Level Contributor
992 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Don't look...after you book!

That totally sucks. I to always check to see if the price has dropped. Fortunately for me mine has gone up like $250.00 so I'm a little happy for me. Where are you going?

Hinckley, United...
Level Contributor
295 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Don't look...after you book!

I always look, I can't help it!

Last year I did the same. so by changing hotels we saved £ 700!

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Don't look...after you book!

We were lucky I guess after reading your post, our trip (including tax hikes) has gone up approx. $600-$700......

I am like you, I always look too.....and then I pat myself on the back for getting in there and booking :) LoLs - usually it doesn't happen that way, the closer you get usually (in my experience) get the better prices....

Kim

p.s. -Barcelo Puerto Plata

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
120 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Don't look...after you book!

When we first started looking at the resort (Be Live Carey), we were looking at May 20 and then it disappeared and we were really upset! So we promised ourselves that the next time it became available we would book. A week later, it came back, but on the 19th (and cheaper than it was before) so we jumped and booked it because we didn't want to risk missing out on it again! *LOL*

Knowing my luck, if we had waited for the price to go down before we booked, the prices would have gone up instead of down! That's the travel gambling game, I guess!

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
135 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Don't look...after you book!

I booked the Riu Bachata on Saturday and paid £714 for 2 weeks from the 9th May, I think this is an absolute steal! I went back to look today and it had gone up to £732, so I was pleased with my timing. I then noticed on the front page of the First Choice website that they had a special offer for booking this weekend for holidays in April/May knocking £50 off the total if you entered a special code at time of payment. I hadn't seen this in my excitement to get my credit card out and pay for the holiday, so I missed out. As there was a count down timer that runs out at midnight today I thought I'd ring them up. Told them that I had forgotten to enter the code at time of paying and they're refunding the £50, what a deal!!

Hinckley, United...
Level Contributor
295 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Don't look...after you book!

Thats brill Deadfred. Good price for your hols!!, xx

7. Re: Don't look...after you book!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 21:19