We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Manicures?

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Beach Manicures?

We have just booked two weeks at the Blue Bay Villas (woohoo!!) in November and I have read a few reviews saying that there are women offering mani/pedi's on the beach. Does anyone know how much they usually charge?

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
40,875 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Manicures?

Sorry I dont know what the women on the beach charge for mani/pedi's on the beach. To be honest I would not have one from the beach as they have no where to sterilize their implements and I would'nt fancy catching anything from another person. I personally always use the Spa's on resort.

Angie.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,558 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Manicures?

I agree with Angie 100%.

Gatineau, Canada
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Manicures?

I had a pedicure done at Blue Bay in 2009 and one done at Gran Ventana last March. Both women used new material on my feet and disinfected their metal instruments with alcohol in front of me. The pedicure was $30 and manicure was $25. I had a better pedicure at BB than at Gran Ventana.

For the nail polish used, it's the same thing here, they use the same brushes and bottles for everyone.

nj
Level Contributor
737 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach Manicures?

mani pedis? what else do the beach vendors offer?

Gatineau, Canada
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach Manicures?

massages, all kinds of trinkets, cigarettes, rum, tours, sunglasses, etc

muskoka ON
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach Manicures?

let's not forget the massages

C

nj
Level Contributor
737 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach Manicures?

are the massages any good? for the most part? I was in puerto plata last year but we didnt spend much time on the beach. Mostly pool side.

Edited: 06 April 2011, 23:27
muskoka ON
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach Manicures?

The spa one far outranked the beach one, but then, the beach one was cheaper . . .

C

Gatineau, Canada
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beach Manicures?

The massage I had by Joe on the beach at the Gran Ventana was the best therapeutic massge I ever had, $50US. He only gives 4 per day, twice a week at GV but I know he also goes to other resorts. I get them regularly in Canada, and they are prescribed by my doctor.

nj
Level Contributor
737 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beach Manicures?

50 bucks off the beach? I got it for 50 bucks from the resort. Is that what they really usually charge on the beach?