We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

question for Bob K or anyone with info ...

Cape May, New Jersey
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Topic
question for Bob K or anyone with info ...

Hey bob k,

I would like to visit sosua and cabarete on my upcoming trip to playa dorada .... Do you know of any cheap taxi to get there from playa dorada? ...I understand that some taxis can't enter playa dorada but I could meet them on the main road ...thanks! .......also what is the main beach street in sosua and cabarete , the street with all the action? .... Thanks ......also I don't mind a motoconcho in the day time or any broken down taxi cab! ....I'm just not sure where I'm suppose to get a cheap taxi at or call one ...

Isle of Man
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: question for Bob K or anyone with info ...

If you aren't looking for 'comfort', just jump on the gua-gua at the gate of Playa Dorada. You want to go left! :-) These are the over filled mini-buses, usually with a broken windscreen! Someone else may be able to tell you an accurate price but I'd be surprised if it is more than RD$100 to Cabarete. Gua-gua's don't run after dark.

Mentioned in this post
Cabarete
Cabarete
Dominican Republic
Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
41,912 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: question for Bob K or anyone with info ...

Gua gua prices from Playa Dorada to Sosua 50 pesos and to Cabarete 100 pesos but you could also jump in a publico taxi up on the main road, the ones with the blue or red taxi sign on the roof for an extra 10 pesos.

Angie.

Mentioned in this post
Sosua
Sosua
Dominican Republic
Cabarete
Cabarete
Dominican Republic
Cape May, New Jersey
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: question for Bob K or anyone with info ...

Thanks ...and what stop do I tell the cab to drop me off at in sosua and cabarate? .... I know that pedro clisante in a popular street near the beach in sosua??? ...also where would the gua gua leave me in sosua and cabarete, on what stop?

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
18,135 posts
295 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: question for Bob K or anyone with info ...

In Sosua you want off at the Texaco and in Cabarete at Jose O'sheas.

Remember the Gua-guas stop running at 7-8pm or so but the pubicos (public taxies run later. If you are coming back very late you may need to use a regular cab at abotu $30-35 or so.

BObK

Mentioned in this post
Sosua
Sosua
Dominican Republic
Cabarete
Cabarete
Dominican Republic
Cape May, New Jersey
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: question for Bob K or anyone with info ...

Thanks .... Do u know of any regular cab in sosua or cabarete that could Take me back to playa dorada late at night? ....also how do I take a carro publico, do I call or do u also wave him down on any road?

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,135 posts
295 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: question for Bob K or anyone with info ...

There is a cab stand very near Jose O'sheas on the main street. Do Bargain the price before getting in.

For the Publicos they are on the main road like the Gua-guas. Usually have blue or sometimes red taxi "hat" on the roof. It will be an older toyota crammed with people. Just flag them down. If you find a fairly empty one you can pay twice the price and have the front to your self.

BObK

Cape May, New Jersey
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: question for Bob K or anyone with info ...

Thanks veryyy much! ... I'm just afraid that if I go to sosua or cabarte during daytime or night that I won't find a ride back to playa dorada....

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,135 posts
295 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: question for Bob K or anyone with info ...

You will not have a problem getting back. IN fact if you want to but it will be more costly then the gua-gua. Make a deal with a cabbie at your resort for a round trip fare and give him a time to pick you up. Dont' pay him anything till he comes back for you

BObK

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: question for Bob K or anyone with info ...

When are you going to be there as I am also interested in going to sousa etc

I will be there May 19th-26th at Barcelo :)

Cape May, New Jersey
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: question for Bob K or anyone with info ...

Soakingupsun, ill be in playa dorada from May 28 - June 4 .... Sorry I won't be of much help to you. Bob k and everyone else thanks for your help!