We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tropical Storm Emily

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
121 posts
225 reviews
Save Topic
Tropical Storm Emily

I am arriving at Puerto Plata tomorrow - just in time to experience the tropical storm Emily. I am traveling with 4 kids age range from 8-16 years old. Should I be very worried? I am staying at the Iberostar Costa Dorada.. How safe is that area hurricane wise?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
121 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tropical Storm Emily

Anyone?

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17,231 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tropical Storm Emily

If your flight is not canceled you should be fine. Right now it looks like the main thrust of the storm will be to our south. So we will have some heavy rain showers and some wind but not very strong tomorrow. Then it iwll be out of here. One nice things about these kind of storms is that they usually move out quickly.

As to the safety of your hotel you will be fine. All the hotels have back up generators so you will have plenty of electricty. All water consumed here is bottled water so there will be plent of that. I think the only thing you will notice is maybe some big puddles for a day or so.

Enjoy your trip.

BObK

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
408 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tropical Storm Emily

looks like it will be bottom of island it hits

posted this message as i wanted to test my kindles 3g out

Union, New Jersey
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tropical Storm Emily

I'm supposed to arrive at POP tomorrow around 1:30pm. I hope we are not delayed.

5. Re: Tropical Storm Emily

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 10:17