We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Bachata ?

Swampscott...
Level Contributor
347 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Riu Bachata ?

Is it true that this resort does not offers two queen bed. I heard a story of a couple that were given a queen bed and a tween rollaway bed, even though they requested two queen because they had two children.

The resort was not able to accomodate them.

Thornhill, Canada
Level Contributor
235 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Bachata ?

They offer 2 3/4 beds that are pushed together, which is actually larger than a King bed, but can be pushed apart, so that is not true. If you need another bed, they will bring it, for instance a single bed. I always travel with my 2 kids and it always works for us.

Swampscott...
Level Contributor
347 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Bachata ?

Thank you, i am glad, because for the price and mostly great reviews nothing can bit this hotel.

Thornhill, Canada
Level Contributor
235 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Bachata ?

playa, I have stayed at the Bachata a few times now as well as the others there, and we have always enjoyed ourselves, alot! Its all good.

Connecticut
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu Bachata ?

Hello, how was the bed situation at Riu Bachata? I am wondering if there are king beds? It's just my husband and I travelling...is it more of a family resort or is it okay for couples too? This time grandma is watching the kids.

thank you for your thoughts.

from Connecticut

chigwell, essex. uk
Level Contributor
1,312 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Riu Bachata ?

I think there is confusion on this subject because of the names given to beds. In britain the largest bed you will get is a kingsize (5ft wide) or bigger still a superking (6ft wide). In America the Queensize is biggest. Is this correct or am I confused too. The beds in the Bachata, are approximately 4ft 6ins in size and you get two pushed together.

Canada
Level Contributor
564 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Riu Bachata ?

Yes, but they are called 3/4 beds. I think they may actually work out to be larger than a King size bed. The way they are pushed together is not a problem. That always worked for us :)

London UK
Level Contributor
134 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Riu Bachata ?

Hi Ippwrth, when we stayed at the Mambo our original room was right at the far end of the complex and I'm fairly sure that had a fold out bed + Queen size (two singles pushed together).

The two singles pushed together you can't really tell that is the case as its made up as one.(no problems)

We got a room change the next day to be closer to the action. This room had two queen size beds (made with four singles) + cot space. You can't tell that they are singles unless you start poking about, and if you separated them you would leave the headboard behind which is fixed to the wall.

Hope this may help a little?