We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just a Reminder for UK Travellers

Which Puerto Plata hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
36,890 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Just a Reminder for UK Travellers

Just thought I would start a new thread once again,due to some passengers not knowing about this service, that you can register with Locate..........and yes I do use this service myself where ever I travel.

Use the LOCATE service. Our embassy and crisis staff can then give you better assistance in an emergency .It only takes a few minutes to register your contact details and travel plans online and the local British embassy will know you’re coming. There's no need to contact them directly.

https://www.locate.fco.gov.uk/locateportal/

Also API details (Advanced Passenger Information ) that is needed by Thomson

https://eapi.thomson.co.uk/eborders/login.jsp

Thomas Cook has now taken the Dominican Republic off their list to enter API before travel but they will take it at check-in by scanning your passports.

Angie.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
36,890 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just a Reminder for UK Travellers

Thought I would bump this up for anyone thats leaving soon.

Angie.

England
Level Contributor
331 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just a Reminder for UK Travellers

Hi Angie,

Great information posted by you, I have already registered both myself and Sylvia with LOCATE, and have done so on all our trips to the Dominican Republic. Doing so gives you some peace of mind knowing that our Local British Embassy know you are in the DR in times of emergency and crisis.

I would certainly recommend that all who are visiting the Dominican Republic use this free service, and like you say it only takes a few minutes to register on line.

Roy

Isle of Man
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
1,147 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just a Reminder for UK Travellers

Thanks Angie, I would have forgotten! :-)

Just booked a week in January, flying out from Manchester on the 12th. Third home owners weekend on the trot where my apartment is rented out, so I'd better drop a line to the Hotel Alegria soon!

After freezing to death walking the dogs earlier, I'm ready for some sun.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
36,890 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just a Reminder for UK Travellers

Glad I jogged your memory Keith :)

Oh your so lucky to get away from this weather...........even down here in the South West the last few nights have really been chilly to say the least.........hope the weather inproves in the DR as looks as though reading Bob's weather thread they have been having alot of rain recently...........fingers crossed for you.

Wow no apartment again for you to stay in........think of the money.........lol.......I am sure Silvia will be happy to accommodate you :)

Angie.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
36,890 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just a Reminder for UK Travellers

As its been a while I thought I would bump this post up for a timely reminder to anyone departing in the near future.

Angie.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
36,890 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just a Reminder for UK Travellers

For anyone from the UK departing soon just in case you had not come upon this info.

Angie.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
36,890 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just a Reminder for UK Travellers

Thought I would bump this info for any newbies.

Angie.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
36,890 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just a Reminder for UK Travellers

For anyone departing soon.

Angie.

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
372 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Just a Reminder for UK Travellers

This is a great idea!! Does anyone know if they U.S. has anything like this for our Embassy? This would come in handy not just for D.R., but for travelling in general.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
36,890 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just a Reminder for UK Travellers

Hi neotericisis,

Yes the US does have a website where you can register.

Taken from their website.

Travel registration is a free service provided by the U.S. Government to U.S. citizens who are traveling to, or living in, a foreign country. Registration allows you to record information about your upcoming trip abroad that the Department of State can use to assist you in case of an emergency. Americans residing abroad can also get routine information from the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate.

https://travelregistration.state.gov/ibrs/ui/

Angie.