We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wine at Grand Embar Puerto Plata

Which Puerto Plata hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edmundston, Canada
Level Contributor
124 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Wine at Grand Embar Puerto Plata

the wine at the resort is it served by the bottle at the restauraunt or isit served in carafe.

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17,060 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wine at Grand Embar Puerto Plata

If it is the house wine most likely served by the glass and usually just one grade above lighter fluid, but sometimes one grade below.

If you are buying a bottle (usually a hefty charge) then your choice of wine will be served by the bottle.

Best advice bring a couple of good bottles with you.

BObK

Durham, Canada
Level Contributor
273 posts
897 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wine at Grand Embar Puerto Plata

BobK, you must have tried the wine there LOL

The house wine is poured from a jug into a carafe for serving. I assume they are using the same jugs to purchase gas and not cleaning before filling with wine. Very possible that they are mixing half gas and half wine in the jugs before serving :-)

I will admit that I managed to consume copious amounts of white wine during my stay, never even getting a buzz. This is primarily due to the fact that I am too cheap to pay for the wine for myself. On the flip side, I was forced to purchase bottles ($15 each) of red wine for the better half as she could not stomach the red or white house wine. We did get some bottles wine served at the Brazilian a la carte but I think we were in on the VIP night. We were also gifted a bottle of french wine by one of the staff and that was much much better.

This is the only resort we have ever been to that had undrinkable house wine. Even the Cuban swill is acceptable after the first couple of glasses screw up your taste buds.

3. Re: Wine at Grand Embar Puerto Plata

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2013, 10:20