We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BlueBay Villas

merseyside
Level Contributor
241 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
BlueBay Villas

Anyone know why the BlueBay Villas have disappeared off the Thomson website for next winter?

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
39,555 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BlueBay Villas

Just tried to do a dummy booking for March 2013 and Blue Bay was in the dropdown menu but an error message appeared when I clicked to bring up the details.

<<<<Sorry, we are currently experiencing technical difficulties.

Please try back here later, or alternatively you can contact us on 0871 231 4691* for all your holiday enquiries and bookings.

Our contact centre is open:

Monday - Friday 09:00 - 20:00

Saturday - 09:00 - 17:00

Sunday - 10:00 - 17:00

*Calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras.

Please note: our website is unavailable for bookings between 1.00am and 6.00am whilst our holiday database is being updated.>>>>

Angie.

merseyside
Level Contributor
241 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BlueBay Villas

It has been saying the same thing all week. The flights are still there, but getting a little worried as we are booked to go in November.

merseyside
Level Contributor
241 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BlueBay Villas

Have been in touch with Thomsons and they have informed that "the holiday is currently on a bar from sale", and that the pre travel team would contact me as soon as they were aware with options...............will I be going or not??

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
39,555 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BlueBay Villas

That I am afraid that is the million dollar question but tour operators do, do this sometimes they put a stop on selling certain hotels then before you know it they are up again on the websites......could be something to do with repricing their holidays or rooms allocated to them for sale........I am sure you will find out from the pre travel advisors well in advance if anything is to be changed between now and when you go.

Angie.

Edited: 12 February 2012, 19:11
merseyside
Level Contributor
241 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: BlueBay Villas

Have received an e-mail from thomsons today informing me that they are not using bluebay villas next winter!

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
39,555 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: BlueBay Villas

Well that is a surprise them dropping Blue Bay, guess they could'nt get a decent priced contract with the resort......if you really wanted to go there, have you tried phoning Caribbean Warehouse for a quote, depending on the dates you would be looking at you could still fly on a Thomson aircraft.......its worth a try if you had your heart set on Blue Bay........the link below is Blue Bay through Caribbean Warehouse but you will have to ring them......they have some great deals sometimes and they have been known to work out cheaper than Thomsons........great customer service and very knowlegeable friendly staff.

http://tinyurl.com/cgbtjor

Angie.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
125 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: BlueBay Villas

I really hope that I'm not helping to spread a false rumour here, but I've been reading in the Bluebay Villas Doradas group on Facebook that the resort is closing..? Other people have been posting things about only one bar being open during the day, and that things were really dropping off. I really hope this isn't true - I wanted to go back there in October.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/97161102425

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
178 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: BlueBay Villas

Facebook is reporting closure.......Canadians can travel there until oct 31/12.....my next comment below may explain more.

You might see it on a lot of Company's, its that time of year when they are renegotiating their contracts and until something has been done will not show dates after Oct 31/12. Be patient and when the Fall 2012/Winter2013 books come out in July/August the resorts will be there that have new contracts.

Heading to Blue Bay in 9 sleeps.

Randy

Edited: 30 March 2012, 13:51
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
125 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: BlueBay Villas

Yeah, it was definitely a false rumour. Someone posted on the facebook page that they called Ines at BlueBay and they are definitely NOT closing.

10. Re: BlueBay Villas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2013, 10:46