We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

enrty/exit dom rep

Which Puerto Plata hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
derby england
11 posts
Save Topic
enrty/exit dom rep

Hi all

We've been to Dom Rep before but can anyone who has been there recently or going as a matter of fact please inform us of the cost to enter and exit, thinking of obtaining 9 tourist cards before we go just to save a little time if you know what i mean.

Many thanks to all and now checking out Breezes web sites, mind you they dont look over impressive, can anyone assist us in what to expect.

Dec 2006 flight from Manchester UK.

chigwell, essex. uk
Level Contributor
1,289 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: enrty/exit dom rep

Just received my tourist card a couple of days ago, they cost £8 each from the DR embassy in London (no longer in Liverpool). They only accept Postal Orders or bankers drafts. It only took 5 days to get them back. It is now a small cardboard credit card size (in two parts) one part is for entry and one for exit. Don't know how it works once we arrive, but thought it would save time at the airport, as there are 27 travelling together.

usm
essex, england
Level Contributor
304 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: enrty/exit dom rep

Ippwrth, is there a form you need to apply for a Tourist Card? If so where do you get them from? 6 - poss 7 of us going July / August.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: enrty/exit dom rep

we went to the DR Puerta Plata Breezes last year and enjoyed everything. Of course it was not perfect but when you are from Canada Sun and sand are beautiful things. Our two daughters, now 13 and 14 requested to go back there when I had offered different places they said NO WAY. Everything is close and no great walking distances. Food was fine, entertainment was good, pool was beautiful, ocean was nice. we were so close to sosua and cabarete and had a FREE shuttle. we are going again in 12 days!!

chigwell, essex. uk
Level Contributor
1,289 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: enrty/exit dom rep

USM,

You need to take a photocopy of the details page of the passports of anyone travelling with you. You should send these along with a simple letter, stating the arrival date in the DR, as well as an A5 SAE and the postal orders to the correct value made payable to "The Embassy of the Dominican Republic"(ie four people £32, write your name and address on the back of the PO's

You send them to:

The Consular Section

The Dominican Embassy

139 Inverness Terrace

London W2 6JF

As I mentioned above they only took 5 days to come back.

usm
essex, england
Level Contributor
304 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: enrty/exit dom rep

Thanks, Ippwrth.

When and where are you going ?

chigwell, essex. uk
Level Contributor
1,289 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: enrty/exit dom rep

USM, we are not going until 16th July. See you are from Essex too! How comes you are flying from Manchester? Went to DR last year and was feeling tired after flight, could not be bothered to queue.....travelling with a large group we could hold up preceedings in an airport, so thought we'd get our cards before we travel. Its also one more thing paid for and out of the way!!

chigwell, essex. uk
Level Contributor
1,289 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: enrty/exit dom rep

Sorry forgot to answer second question, we are going to Riu Resort, Bahia Maimon. This will be our second visit, really nice place!

derby england
11 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: enrty/exit dom rep

Ippwrth

Thanks for the info in regards to the tourist cards , i reckon it would be a good idea to obtain the cards before we go and as you say it only took 5 days to get them back it seems an easier solution.

We stayed at Riu resort 2 years on the go (Mambo) and if the Breezes are in the same league as that were i reckon we could be in for a good time.

Anyway thanks for the info Qs again later, maybe

Gary

usm
essex, england
Level Contributor
304 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: enrty/exit dom rep

Ippworth, we are flying from Gatwick with First Choice on 30 July for 3 weeks. Staying at Bahia Principe, San Juan.

It'll be our first time to the Caribbean and our first time all inclusive. Self and wife (both 44), three daughters - 15,17 & 19 and 2 boyfriends -17 & 21.

4 Essex girls in total !!!

chigwell, essex. uk
Level Contributor
1,289 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: enrty/exit dom rep

USM, We went last year and we had 3 ages 19,21,21, and a boyfriend aged 20. They had the time of their lives. Hope you enjoy