We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

More Good News for Puerto Plata to Boost Tourism

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
38,562 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
More Good News for Puerto Plata to Boost Tourism

New flight from Czech Republic to Puerto Plata announced.

A new charter flight from the Czech Republic to Puerto Plata is planned to start on 1st November, 2012.

The announcement was made by Leila Boacier, director of the Office of Tourism Promotion (OPT) for the Czech Republic and Eastern Europe, after concluding a meeting with Ferid Nasr, owner of tour operator Exim Tours, who will operate the flight.

"We are happy to have reached this agreement with Exim Tours, to bring the first direct flight to Puerto Plata, and make this flight of great importance to that Puerto Plata following an extraordinary recovery," said the OPT director.

The charter flight will be operated by the Travel Service every ten or eleven days, using an aircraft with a capacity for 266 passengers, on route from Prague to Puerto Plata from the first of November until March 30.

Boasier reported to have finalized the Exim Tours agreement with the airline and hotels in order for the operation to be a success.

"From now on we will arrange a press trip to the destinations of Puerto Plata and Samana, as part of measures to make Puerto Plata known in the region," she said.

She noted that in the two and a half years since they opened the office in the Czech Republic, they have set up four permanent charter flights from Eastern Europe, two from Poland and two from the Czech Republic.

The Dominican Republic in March 2012 received by air a total of 479,354 non-resident visitors, which in absolute terms an increase of 39,741 tourists over the same month last year.

Angie.

1. Re: More Good News for Puerto Plata to Boost Tourism

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 May 2012, 01:40
2. Re: More Good News for Puerto Plata to Boost Tourism

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

3. Re: More Good News for Puerto Plata to Boost Tourism

4. Re: More Good News for Puerto Plata to Boost Tourism

soo ontario
Level Contributor
315 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: More Good News for Puerto Plata to Boost Tourism

I live in a small town in Ontario Canada..I travel to the DR twice a year..I am unable to fly out of Toronto (Which has a population of over 1 million people) I have to go all the way to Montreal to get to POP. The same for people out of the East Coast Provinces in Canada. Something has to be done to either the airlines or the tour companies. We want to come but have such a difficult time getting there..Now if you look at the planes arriving in to Punta Cana then you can see why they are doing so well.I love the North Coast, I pray something changes soon. Many of my friend have no jobs, because of low numbers all of the dancers and some of the other staff were fired from Casa Marina.It has been sold to Med which is under Thomas Cook. My prayers are with them all

Edited: 06 May 2012, 01:10
London, United...
Level Contributor
2,821 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: More Good News for Puerto Plata to Boost Tourism

can someone explain these comments. Why shouldm't the czech's come on holiday? No less ignorant than average british or canadian ai tourist.

england
Level Contributor
5,648 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: More Good News for Puerto Plata to Boost Tourism

You think ?

north carolina
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: More Good News for Puerto Plata to Boost Tourism

Yet another reason I will never do an AI again and totally agree Domingo. Most there spend too much time complaining about other nationalities and too little time seeing the beautiful island and people of the DR. Give me my own transportation, a cooler full of cold prezies and/or bottle of brugal, and a place i've yet to explore ANY day :) Thanks Angie for posting this good news, peace, health and happiness to all!

Edited: 06 May 2012, 01:26
La Ronge, Canada
Level Contributor
2,352 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: More Good News for Puerto Plata to Boost Tourism

I just hope that Samana does not become the new Punta Cana. No offense to PC... been there and loved it, but... Samana had a peaceful and quietness about it that has been lost in PC. I have no problem with tourists from every country all around the world visiting the beautiful Samana area, but I would hate to see it become "just another tourist destination"! It would just take away the tranquillity that made Samana so appealing! Progress is good, but only if it doesn't come with a negative impact on an area. Although tourism is good for the local economy, it's not always good for the area it impacts. Samana will no longer be the hidden gem it is now, and that's just sad!

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
38,562 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: More Good News for Puerto Plata to Boost Tourism

OMG just logged onto TA and found all the removed postings from overnight, what on earth went on there !! from others reactions sounds as though posters did not take kindly to hearing the news that there were flights from the Czech Republic to the area !!

Can anyone enlighten me even by PM if you dont want to post on the forum..........Sparky :) ?????

Angie.