We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mount isabella

Which Puerto Plata hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Durham, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Topic
mount isabella

does anybody knew how much it cost todo a trip to mount isabella from playa doarda. Going to blue bay in August

Belleville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,883 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mount isabella

When we did the trip up Mt Isabella Torres, it was included in the price of our 1/2 day Puerto Plata City tour...I think it was about $3 or $4 USD/ person.

For best results, do the trip in the morning before the clouds settle in & obscure the fantastic view !!

ontario
Level Contributor
600 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mount isabella

The last time I visited Isabella we paid in Doninican Pesos so my conversion might be a bit off by todays exchange rates..I believe it was about $9 US about 5 years ago

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17,200 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mount isabella

It is around $10 or so.

BObK

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,339 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: mount isabella

Well worth the money, do not miss it.

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,200 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: mount isabella

The views are amazing for sure. YOu can also drive up the back side of the mountain to get to the top rather than the cable if you wanted.

BObK

Grecia, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
916 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: mount isabella

Yes, B0bK is right, $10US does it, but please remember to tip the musicians in the lobby, and of course the amazing magician before you enter the cable car, how did he get that quarter out of my ear? Everyone has to eat. Have a great holiday.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
307 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: mount isabella

Yes it is $10 we went first thing in the morning not only are the views amazing but once you get right up there it is absolutely gorgeous. Well worth the trip.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
245 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: mount isabella

Dont see it in this thread but I think it is best to go in the morning as the air is clearer and you have better views. This is what i was told when i took my trip.

And it has great views.

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,200 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: mount isabella

Yes you want to do it in the morning before the afernoon clouds obscure the top which happens more often then not;

BObK

saint john new...
Level Contributor
477 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: mount isabella

when we went to mount isabella we took a taxi and did a city tour it was great drank cold beer in the taxi . make sure you work out a price with the taxi driver before you go.