We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jack Tar closing

Blackpool, Lancs
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Jack Tar closing

HELP HELP

I am due to arrive at Jack Tar on 9th May and i am very worried that it will be closed. I have contacted my travel agent who say that haven't heard anything about it and told me not to worry but im really panicking now. Please could someone help me out with maybe an e-mail address for the Jack Tar hotel so i could contact them myself.

Thanks

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jack Tar closing

I am scheduled to go to Jack Tar on May 13th. I have repeatedly called them because of the rumblings I have heard on this board that they will be closed at that time. They FINALLY admitted that they will be closing in April for renovations. I was told if I wanted to rebook elsewhere to call Yenisa after 4:30 p.m. (dr time). Her phone number is 809-320-3988.

I called skyauction.com, with whom I had booked this trip. They are "looking into it". I am re-booking for the Allegro Playa Dorada.

Hope this helps somebody!

england
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Jack Tar closing

just had an e mail from front desk manager of jack tar village and she confirmed they are closing at end of april - we are due to go on same day as you. her e mail address is Grivera@do.occidentalhotels.com - i suggest you contact your tour operator although we did that on 10th march and nothing was done about it - had to contact them three times before anything was looked into! good luck !

England
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Jack Tar closing

Believe me you have had a lucky escape!!! I arrived back from there today and it was awful. The service, the rooms and the food were very very poor. This is most definitely not a four star hotel. We were told that it was closing for refurbishment in 3 weeks and we obviously suffered because of this.

UK
Level Contributor
187 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jack Tar closing

Hi we were due to stay at Jac Tar 13th May due,we contacted our travel agent and cahnged our booking 4 weeks ago now staying at Rui Merengue, our choice to change so had to pay all admin fees thou, but having read all the reports I am glad we changed when we did.

Blackpool, Lancs
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Jack Tar closing

Hiya, just been in touch with my travel agent and they have now confirmed that the Jack Tar is closed for building work during our stay on 9 May - 23 May.

We are changing to the Breezes Hotel and are really excited about it now and can't believe its only 3 weeks till we go.

Thanks for all your replys.

blackpool
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Jack Tar closing

hi we have booked for june the 6 th and are very worried about this the last thing we want is a unfinished jack tar biulding site with lots of drooling perverted builders. thank you everyone for bringing this to my attention, and if anyone can confirm this 100 per cent please give us a reply. thank you ian penney from blackpoool

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jack Tar closing

If I were you I would call the resort itself and ask. That is what I did and they confirmed with me that they will not be open on 5/13.

When you call ask for the front desk of the resort.

Huntingdon...
Level Contributor
81 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jack Tar closing

I have a letter from my travel agent First Choice to confirm that they are closing on the 1st May till the 31 October for refurb and needed to change our hotel. We are now booked into the Bahia Principe San Juan, been to Jack Tar for the last 2 years so will miss many friends there. Will definately go back next year. Anyone who would like a copy of my letter from first choice I can scan and email it to you.

blackpool
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Jack Tar closing

great!!!! please could you send me a copy in a email thank you very much my email is djianpenney@hotmail.com thank you so much i now have proof to make my travel agent belive me