We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling to Puerto Plata with First Choice

Ramsgate, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Travelling to Puerto Plata with First Choice

Hi,

Has anyone travelled to Puerto Plata with First Choice from the UK? I was just wondering what is in the complimentary pampering pack?

Bristol, uK
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling to Puerto Plata with First Choice

Hi! I'm also travelling to Puerto Plata with first Choice in May (staying at the Gran Ventana) and would also love to hear all about the experiences of any other First Choice users? When are you going Chezone?

Ramsgate, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling to Puerto Plata with First Choice

We are off to the Iberostar Costa Dorada and cannot wait!!!

Pontefract, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling to Puerto Plata with First Choice

We travelled with First Choice in January.We are regular visitors to D.R usually 3 or 4 times each year.This was our first time with First Choice and I have to say that we found them far superior to Britannia or Thomas Cook. There is far more legroom than the others and the advert that is shown on TV is totally true.The pampering kit has toothbrush paste tissues etc on outward flight and eyeshade socks and earplugs for homeward flight.The entertainment was excellent too.We are going to Iberostar 29th April and not through choice I might add we are flying Thomas Cook cos they offered the better deal.If you havent been to Iberostar its fantastic definitely the nicest hotel we have stayed in-cant wait!!!!!We have booked Premium Cabin at a cost of £250 each Definitely no need for this on First Choice Flight as there wasloads of room So to be fair after paying for premium cabin perhaps would have saved money with First Choice.Hope you have a great trip!

usm
essex, england
Level Contributor
304 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling to Puerto Plata with First Choice

Yorkshire Lass,

Were going in Aug with First Choice, to Bahia Principe, San Juan.

Me & Mrs have upgraded to Star Class Premier - mainly cos thats is all they had left on the flight - cost £130 more each.

Have heard nothing but good stories about the flights, hoping that continues......

Bristol, uK
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling to Puerto Plata with First Choice

We have some friends who traveled premier class to DR with first choice last year said it was well worth it for the fast check in, free drinks and extra tv choices! We tried to get them but they had sold out on our flight! :-( ah well, at least they have extra legroom even in the normal seats cuz at 6"3 i don't think my other half would appreciate being squished for 9 hours!!!

Braintree, Essex
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelling to Puerto Plata with First Choice

Hi we travelled to DR in November with first choice, as a regular traveller, i have to say they are simply the best for what you pay.

Near Liverpool...
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travelling to Puerto Plata with First Choice

I am going with First Choice to the Gran Ventana on the 12th June from Manchester with my mum.

We have paid for premium seats. We went with Thomas Cook to Cuba last year premium, and economy 2 years prior. Economy with thomas cook was a nightmare! I sat there looking at the floor, and had an uncontrolable urge to lie on it! It was so cramped (I'm not massive. 5ft7-5ft8) I paid a small fortune for premium to get to cuba last year.

Anyway, back to FC! They seem really good! I can't wait.

Only 58 days left!

UK
Level Contributor
187 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travelling to Puerto Plata with First Choice

Hi we are flying first choice from gatwick 14th may we upgraded to the premier seats on the plane much cheaper on first choice than any other line, great to do as you get extra luggage 30kg compared to 20kg, free drinks, prioity check in and boarding of plane, better choice of meals and films for plane, the complimentry pack is usally toothbrush/paste, eyemask socks, headphones, wipes, tissues pen & pad all in little waterproof bag, great for using to put sun creams in by pool.& bigger seat as well.

You arrive feeling much more relaxed although with first choice legroom at back of plane is still ample compared to a lot of flights we have been on.

Looking forward to holiday 4 weeks to go yippeeeeeeeee.

chigwell, essex. uk
Level Contributor
1,312 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travelling to Puerto Plata with First Choice

We are going to Riu Merengue with First Choice and although we have not paid to upgrade, we are still getting 30kilo's luggage allowance, as The Merengue is classed as a "premier property" in their brochure. Although I am trying to travel lighter, these days I did find that I took more toiletries and medicine than ever, when we last stayed there last.The cost of replacing even basics (like toothpaste) was really high. I would much rather give the money out in tips to the staff, than spend it on expensive toiletries.

UK
Level Contributor
187 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travelling to Puerto Plata with First Choice

when are you staying at merengue in May,

I know you get the extra luggage allowance at this hotel we origionally booked to stay at Jac Tar and have only recently changed to this hotel realy looking forward to it.