We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tourist Cards

Which Puerto Plata hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Merseyside UK
Level Contributor
240 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Tourist Cards

Does anyone know the latest rules regarding Tourist Cards from the UK? We are going in June and sent a P.O. for £16 to the Embassy in London. We received back one Tourist Card with two parts, one marked Entry, the other Exit, separated by a perforation. I phoned to ask if this was correct, and the girl said they had mistakenly only sent one, when we should have got two. She promised to send the other one, which we received a couple of days later. Some friends of ours are going in August and they sent off their P.O. for £16 and received two cards, but for Entry only. No Exits. They phoned the Embassy and were told that the rules had just changed and that Tourist Cards were no longer needed if the stay is for less than 30 days. Anyone know if this is right?

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
137 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tourist Cards

not sure about UK, but hubby and I each got one with our package here in Canada,and that was the first thing they asked for.The security guy kept both of them and we were told we had to have the 2nd half to leave DR, but that wasn't true either.I'm pretty sure you will each have to have one.

sunderland uk
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tourist Cards

Hi Nickpieman, we are travelling in May and we have received both entry and exit tourist cards.

We've never been before so not sure if this is right but i'm assuming it is.

chigwell, essex. uk
Level Contributor
1,286 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tourist Cards

My cousin who is travelling in July, just got her tourist card today (20th April). She only sent off for them 3 days ago. So I can only presume that things have not changed.

Andover, UK
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tourist Cards

Exactly the same happend to us - we sent £16.00 for two tourist cards and received two entry cards (within 3 days) but other family that are travelling with us ordered the same and received entry and exit cards. I've e-mailed the Embassy for clarification on what we should have received. No reply as yet but I'll let you know when I hear something.

Scotland, Uk
Level Contributor
105 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Tourist Cards

We got ours 2 days ago and just 1 card each for entry I'm sure!?

England
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Tourist Cards

We recieved the small entry cards too.

Scotland, Uk
Level Contributor
105 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Tourist Cards

Yeah and what I've been reading about £8 each is required just for entry. You pay about $25 in USD on way out! Surely someone can confirm and the rules haven't changed in the last few days!?

Pontefract, United...
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tourist Cards

We have travelled to the DR now 2 years and have visited 6 times in all.We have bought our visas in uk and have always been sent the entry and exit card,however we were there at Xmas and booked last minute hence did not have time to send to Embassy but we were given the card that you need to fill in on the flight free of charge then we gave half of it in at the airport and ten dollars.Then the little card that they now send you from the Embassy was stapled to your passport and you were told not to lose it or you would have to pay again and this needed to be presented along with the tear off half of the card you had filled out with twenty dollars when you leave the DR.We are leaving on 29th April and have received the small card from the Embassy so I am assuming this is what will happen again.Hope this isn't too confusing.

Calgary
Level Contributor
136 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tourist Cards

In Canada our entry came with our tickets which was included in our price. They kept them. Everyone has to pay $20.00 in U.S. funds each to leave the Dominician. You purchase this upstairs. You need your boarding pass, which they stamp the back of saying you have paid.

Merseyside UK
Level Contributor
240 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tourist Cards

Thanks everyone for your replies. Not long to go now.