We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

monster truck trip

bedford, UK
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
monster truck trip

Hi,

We are going to casa marina beach on the 1st May (only 1 week getting excited) can anyone tell me please if the truck safari worth going and if so is it better booking online, or once out there price quoted by Thompson seems high.

Many thanks

Tracey UK

Portsmouth, UK
Level Contributor
721 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: monster truck trip

Hi Tracey,

Definately is worth doing the Monster Trucks - we have done it twice and absolutely loved it both times, I would say book with Thomson when you arrive as it is the same price, I booked online direct and my transport never turned up so I had to pay for a taxi over to Puerto Plata.

How long are you going for? We arrive at the Casa Marina Beach on the 8th May for 2 weeks. This will be our second visit and I cannot wait!

Lucky you only having to wait one more week!

calgary
Level Contributor
114 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: monster truck trip

contact linda at mel tours the prices are usually better here is the website

sousadomrep.com/mel_tour.htm

bedford, UK
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: monster truck trip

thanks for that, we going for 2 weeks so will overlap you by 1 week Linda I will be the big, sunburnt woman drunk in the jacuzzi, lol

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
312 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: monster truck trip

Hi

We just got back Easter week-end and one of our excurtiions was the monster truck. We booked by e-mail through Isaira Tours. Martin is very good to deal with and we enjoyed it very much. He picked us up at our resort promptly and drove us to the meeting area. His cost is $80.00 U.S. You can view his web site at www.IsairaTours.com. This is definitely worth going on. Have fun.

JOHNSTOWN, PA
Level Contributor
1,109 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: monster truck trip

I could not get that website to work. Could you put the link on again?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
312 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: monster truck trip

Hi

I just tried it and it works fine. Its www.isairatours.com

Good Luck

JOHNSTOWN, PA
Level Contributor
1,109 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: monster truck trip

I was trying this one sousadomrep.com/mel_tour.htm which was above and it did not work. I didn't realize the other web address was for Mel tours.

thanks

chigwell, essex. uk
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: monster truck trip

So if you book with Martin (Isaira tours) or Linda (Mels) you will still get to go on "The Monster Truck Safari" and "The Outback Safari"?? I just assumed that they do their own versions of these two trips. If they are "THE" trips how do they manage to do it cheaper? Are they just working on a commission for these two companies, on these tours?

calgary
Level Contributor
114 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: monster truck trip

they cut out all the middle men that also take a percentage like the hotel. The trips that I went on were with others that had booked through their hotels or travel agents.

chigwell, essex. uk
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: monster truck trip

POPfirst, did you actually go on either of the above trips? I know that both these companies do their own trips too, using their own vehicles and drivers.