We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buffet Crashers

Which Puerto Plata hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lindsay
Level Contributor
410 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Buffet Crashers

We just had a wonderful vacation at the Riu Merengue, we ate at the buffet every night because we found the food to be excellant so we never bothered with the Alacartes. My only complaint is with the Buffet Crashers, the people who will walk right past a line of people waiting patiently for their turn at the food, step in front of someone and fill their plate as if they have more right to be fed first and every right to "jump to the head of the line". How ignorant, my 8 and 10 year olds know better. You know who you are and why you feel you are more deserving to be served first is beyond me!

1. Re: Buffet Crashers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2006, 09:46
2. Re: Buffet Crashers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2006, 09:47
Lindsay
Level Contributor
410 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buffet Crashers

I don't know if they spoke English because they didn't have the decency to excuse themselves, I am glad you posted because it is nice to knoe I am not the only one annoyed by their actions.

Canada
Level Contributor
331 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buffet Crashers

On our first trip to the DR I was appalled by the behavior of certain people not from North America. One day I was looking at the bread selection trying to decide what I wanted, being a carbo addict is was a big decision. This guy literally pushed me out of his way and proceeded to cut off a slice of bread, without the benefit of the napkin I might add. Later in the week the same person was behind me in the supper line where I was reading the sign to see what was being offered. This man put his plate over my head and started spooning up the food that I was looking at. I raised my elbow to give it to him in the ribs but then I realized all the food on his plate would land on my head. I mentioned this to my well traveled sister and she told me that it was typical behavior for this particular nationality. When there is very obviously a line, go to the end of it. I have had people butt right in front of me in the omelet line and start spooning up their ingredients and passing them to the guy. The last time this happened, I tapped the lady on the shoulder and I showed her the long line and pointed to the end and said this is a line up. She just shrugged her shoulders and passed the guy her ingredient plate as if nothing had happened. I think the problem isn't just that some nationalities are rude, it is also because some are just too polite for their own good.

Chatham Ontario
Level Contributor
399 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buffet Crashers

Too funny...for some reason it was more noticable this year (we were at the Gran Ventana)...we not only had people buffet crash oin from of us but those same people would then proceed to yell (not joking) at the omlette and pasta "guys" because they weren't cooking up to "their" standards - WHAT?

Needless to say my husband tipped them both a bit extra as we were able to keep them laughing through the yelling by making faces at the yellers :)

Canada
Level Contributor
331 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buffet Crashers

I wish I could have been in the line with you to see that. I will have to remember that the next time. It was funny because the next day the same woman came along and stopped looked at me and kept going. My friend was making the toast and when she came back I mentioned it to her and she said "I guess she did, the look on your face would stop a truck".

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
11,526 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buffet Crashers

Oh My Goodness---Lol.

I must tell you , About the LADY at the Riu, she pushed past a couple of us looking at the fruits,and Proceeded to pickup and put back(With her Hands) at least 12 pieces of Passion fruits,before she got a WHOLE plate full of the ONES she wanted. Our mouths were HANGING open in ammasement!

. I couldn't stand it and Pointed to the Tongs and "said PLEASE use them"

Oh My Goodness---- Everyone around had a Laugh. BUT- no wonder people get SICK?

Merseyside UK
Level Contributor
240 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Buffet Crashers

I have to mention the kid, he must have been around 12 or 13 so should have known better, who my girlfriend saw tasting each flavour of ice cream with the same spoon, without washing it between dips!!! He was most put out when she told him not to be so disgusting.

uk
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Buffet Crashers

Funny posts have been removed no they were not English, American or Canadian!!! I have just returned and experienced the same thing several times.

Vermont
Level Contributor
536 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Buffet Crashers

Oh dear - I'm blushing! I've never had a post removed before. Hope I didn't offend anyone. I was pretty much just stating I couldn't tell the buffet crashers to mind their manners because they didn't speak english. Not trying to clasify any particular nationality as buffet crashers:)

Sorry all!

Ash