We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather question for BObK

Which Puerto Plata hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Topic
Weather question for BObK

Good Morning - We are heading to Puerto Plata Nov 18th for a week, and I have been faithfully reading your weather reports on here, as well as a couple of other sites - now I know you say not to believe what the weather channels are saying, butttt i am just wondering if this much rain in November was/is normal? LoL - I suppose what I am asking is if you think our week will be rained out or not!! Thank you :) Kim

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17,177 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather question for BObK

Hard to tell what it will be like next week. However November usually does have more rain but usually at night. The last few days are not what is typical.

Today is more typical with a beautiful beach day and now late in the day some clouds and maybe a shower but maybe no rain.

Days usually sunny and any rain usally at night.

Pack the sunscreen

BObK

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather question for BObK

Be thankful it is not typical, we were there last week and it rained Thursday night thru Sunday night. And, not just a light rain but a steady downpour a lot of the time.

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17,177 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather question for BObK

Yes last week was unusual. We actually had about 12 inches of rain from Friday to Sunday.

Last three days SUN!!!!

BObK

cheshire
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather question for BObK

Its because we are coming over to holiday it always rains when we go on holiday....am talking about holidays in July/Aug in Greece as well :(

5. Re: Weather question for BObK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 November 2013, 10:17