We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

confresi palm beach...... Gluten Free and NYE Q's?

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,789 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
confresi palm beach...... Gluten Free and NYE Q's?

we are looking at a 2 week stay at new years. what do they do at new years? is there fire works? my son who is 6 is celiac and needs to eat gluten free, do see a issue with this at this resort? will they make things for him at the a la cartes? anyone GF have any imput for this?

Le Papillon
££ - £££, International, Caribbean, Seafood
Los Tres Cocos
££ - £££, Caribbean
Big Lee's Beach Bar
£, American, Bar, Seafood
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
523 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: confresi palm beach...... Gluten Free and NYE Q's?

They through a fantastic New Years party with about 20-30 min of fireworks. Do not know about gluten free food though.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,789 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: confresi palm beach...... Gluten Free and NYE Q's?

awesome to hear :) did they have a buffet for the night or a special menu? what was the resort like in general? was it hard to get a chair by the pool? what was the weather like?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
523 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: confresi palm beach...... Gluten Free and NYE Q's?

It's buffet but it is very good. We find the resort to be great actually we are members of the resort. The weather is beautiful you don't need a jacket at night. Getting a chair usually is not to difficult. We always go for New Years.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,789 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: confresi palm beach...... Gluten Free and NYE Q's?

awesome, we have only been at new years once and that was back in 06 but at the coral marien. I am just unsure of what to expect food wise with a celiac child. do you happen to have a email address for the resort i can ask them these questions?

Center Valley...
Level Contributor
849 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: confresi palm beach...... Gluten Free and NYE Q's?

I would worry, honestly, about having to follow a gluten free diet on the resort. I would also not count on the a la cartes to make you special gluten free foods. With the language barrier, it could be very difficult and I doubt very highly they will know what you're asking for. A lot of times, if they don't understand, they will just "yes" you to death, in which case, you could THINK they're making something gluten free, and they didn't. It's a great resort, but, I would be very careful with what your son eats.

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
18,131 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: confresi palm beach...... Gluten Free and NYE Q's?

Actually when you arrive contact the executive chef. He is in charge of all the restaurants on the resort. He will make sure that you have gluten free foods for your son. Very nice guy and speaks perfect English. He last worked in Colorado. For the life of me I cannot remember his name but he was very helpful.

Even though I don't need to I follow a gluten free diet as well and he made sure I had lots to chose from.

BObK

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,789 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: confresi palm beach...... Gluten Free and NYE Q's?

thx, i am not 100% sure which resort we will go to as i want to see which resorts i get the best response from. So far i was very impressed with gran vantana`s response, they even told me that they have done it a lot for others and even if i brought him gf pasta they would cook it for him.. maybe some resorts have just come across this more then others... i have also been told there is a card you bring that is printed in their language that tells them you are gluten free.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
523 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: confresi palm beach...... Gluten Free and NYE Q's?

The executive chef's name is John Black and yes he is very nice.

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
18,131 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: confresi palm beach...... Gluten Free and NYE Q's?

LuxuriousVIPHoliday.

YES! that is the gentleman. He was very nice and very helpful. Was glad to go out of his way to make sure everything was right.

BObK

10. Re: confresi palm beach...... Gluten Free and NYE Q's?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2014, 05:17