We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather worries

birmingham
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Weather worries

I'm flying out on Tuesday, and after reading this 10 day forecast, I'm panicing!

http://uk.weather.com/weather/local/DRXX0005

UK
Level Contributor
268 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather worries

temporaltoothfairy, can I quote you from 7th June:

"Thank you for clearing that up for me. I was starting to worry. I shall stop now"

Please stop worrying!! ;-)

Have a look at :

www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?world=6517

Weather.com always show the weather in puerto plata as rain/storms.

Have a look at:

http://www.goes.noaa.gov/browsh.html

That's a Infrared radar image. No cloud near the DR.

Scroll down this link below to the first table. This is the weather for the past 14 days. Look at the Events column on the far right.

wunderground.com/history/…

There were 2 days with rain/thunder. If you actually click on those two days (click on the date on the 1st column) you'll see that these storms happened between 12AM and 6AM.

keep scrolling down...there has never been 10 consecutive days of poor weather as weather.com is suggesting!

The weather will be great! If the above hasn't convinced you then I doubt anything will! ;-)

birmingham
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather worries

How do you find all this stuff out? You're a fountain of knowlwdge.

UK
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather worries

If u look hard enough its all there!!

weather.noaa.gov/weather/current/MDPP.html

this link shows that actual weather in puerto plata every hour 25hours (every 3-4 hours at night, been looking for week now i think it has showed rain (light rain) during about 3 hours all week!!!

I am dreading what happened last time i tried to go, Hurricane Ivan but that was september not july and i been convinced by what i have found and read on t'internet!!

UK
Level Contributor
268 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather worries

temporaltoothfairy, as Steven pointed out its there if you look hard enough.

I hope that we have eased your concerns.

Toronto
Level Contributor
231 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather worries

Thanks, you have eased my mind too!!!!

I was alittle concerned...

West Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for West Palm Beach
Level Contributor
840 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather worries

Toothfairy...no worries. Stew UK 1 is correct w/ info of that website. It is very accurate. Being from West Palm Beach I have used it very much the last few years to prepare for our hurricanes. It is aways right on the marker...(unfortunately it always hasn't been good in my Floridan case=(...anyway...your wedding will be fabulous. We will be looking for you in your wedding dress when we arrive to the resort. I will be the one screaming Oh my god I can't believe I am turning 30=).... and embracing it with several cocktails!Have a good travel, and relax.

UK
Level Contributor
268 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather worries

temporaltoothfairy, just to ease your concerns about the weather once more, you posted your original message on 16th June. The forecast on weather.com at that point was rain and storms for days ahead.

The following link is the past 7 days. As you'll see (right hand column):

wunderground.com/history/…

there has been no rain or storms....Just as I predicted! ;-) Have a good trip!

birmingham
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather worries

Thanks Stew

We leave in a few hours to stay in the airport hotel. We fly at 9.45 GMT tomorrrow morning.

packing is underway and there are no long sleeves or jumpers or umbrellas in there!!

West Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for West Palm Beach
Level Contributor
840 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather worries

Have a safe trip. I have 1 week to go!

birmingham
Level Contributor
29 posts