We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in PP, going to ICD

Which Puerto Plata hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Whitehorse, Canada
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
First time in PP, going to ICD

I found quite a bit of information on the forums and thanks a lot to people, who help others to sort things out.

We are traveling in few days to ICD with 2 year old boy and I was wondering if anyone knows is there anything to do with such a little guy outside of resort, maybe some water parks, not so much dolphin shows, though?

Another question, my husband wants to go on a fishing trip, are there ones to be bought in the resort, or better to go through website, that has been posted here earlier?

Also, I have heard from friends and read in the forums, that in the Cuba there can be situations when diapers can be missing from the rooms, even if put in the luggage and just wondering if that something I need to worry in the DR and bring some extra?

Question about the tipping: I usually leave 2$ for room cleaning lady and tip occasionally bar and restaurant personnel, but read that again in Cuba people bring some little presents, some school supply, etc. Does this "rule" applied to DR as well?

I've always traveled to Mexico, that is why don't know what to expect in DR

Thank you

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17,177 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time in PP, going to ICD

Answered your other post.

BObK

Whitehorse, Canada
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: First time in PP, going to ICD

Yes, thank you, I saw it.

Maybe somebody knows about others things that I asked?

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,831 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time in PP, going to ICD

I think your diapers will be safe just put them away for your personal use and then won't be mistaken for a

'gift' ( yes it does happen)

Lots of people bring little gifts but really money is the best ' gift' in the DR. Unlike Cuba there are good shops in the DR for the Locals .... it's money that is in short supply for the ordinary guy in the street !!

The biggest attraction for your little guy will be paddling in the shallows of the beautiful ocean... and that's free!!

renfrew ontario
Level Contributor
522 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time in PP, going to ICD

Resort is great enjoy your vacation!!

5. Re: First time in PP, going to ICD

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2014, 06:19