We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 Singles looking for a great girls trip in DR -Please Help!

Which Puerto Plata hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Norfolk, Virginia
11 posts
Save Topic
4 Singles looking for a great girls trip in DR -Please Help!

Hello, me a few of my girlfriends age 28-34 are looking for a great vacation. We have narrowed it down to the Dominican Republic but we need advice on where to book accommodations.

We are looking for

AI, with swim up bar, beautiful beach, and entertainment

Nightlife

Safe to go off the resort

We are all single with no children looking to take a break from reality for a fews days... not looking for a wild spring break vacation, more like a moderate to mild spring break :)

Need input on hotels and the city.. Punta Cana, Cabarete, Puerta Plata... Please help! :)

New Jersey
Level Contributor
459 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 Singles looking for a great girls trip in DR -Please Help!

My personal opinion would be to go to Punta Cana if beautiful beach is a priority.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
781 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 Singles looking for a great girls trip in DR -Please Help!

I second Punta Cana. Beautiful beaches.

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
7,853 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 Singles looking for a great girls trip in DR -Please Help!

Cabarete, Viva Wyndham, but there is no swim up bar. Close to good nightlife and activities and right on the beach.

Leeds, Engalnd
Level Contributor
2,904 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 Singles looking for a great girls trip in DR -Please Help!

I would second Cabarete ...totally safe off resort, not spring break type holiday, but good nightlife, could go AI or condo as matbe cheaper and there are loads of really good places to eat :-)

Punta Cana is good but resorts are really big and some are quite away away from decent nightlife, however if u went to the Grand Bahia Resort they actually have free decent nightlife on site :-)

New York City, New...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 Singles looking for a great girls trip in DR -Please Help!

Grand Bahia Resorts. I will be there Aug. 17th-23rd with two of my friends. Can't Wait! Come!

Isle of Man
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
1,153 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 4 Singles looking for a great girls trip in DR -Please Help!

Shelly... basically as above.

If All Inclusive is the deal breaker then go to Punta Cana but there's not much to attract you off resort.

If you can live without the AI, go to Cabarete, a lovely, fun, safe town where being All Inclusive is a waste because there are so many great bars and restaurants to keep you outside the resort. You can rent a condo between you and the money saved will go on your food & drink in normal bars.

Norfolk, Virginia
11 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 4 Singles looking for a great girls trip in DR -Please Help!

Hi Melvin,

We booked Grand Bahia Ambar 8/15-8/19! See you there!

8. Re: 4 Singles looking for a great girls trip in DR -Please Help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2014, 06:19