We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

monster truck tour

Forest Ontario
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
monster truck tour

has anyone done the monster truck tour?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: monster truck tour

We did the other Outback Jeep safari and loved it, highly recommend this tour.

Vermont
Level Contributor
536 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: monster truck tour

Hello!

We did the monster truck safari and loved it. But upon returning home we learned, I believe from Greg on these forums, that it is not the best excursion to go on. This is because, if I remember correctly, it is very intrusive into the schools. On the trip you get to tour a local school house. It is a disruption to the class as are the other many buses that walk through the class room each day. There is another safari tour that is not disruptive to the classes and I think is a big donator of money to the schools. Am I right here Greg? I'm sure you will have more and better info to add:)

Have a great trip and enjoy one of my FAVORITE places on earth!

Ash

UK
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: monster truck tour

We have just come back and did it and it was fantastic. You get to see parts of the island you would never of found otherwise, and you needed the trucks to get up some of the roads!. We went to the school but it is currently closed for school hols until sept i think but you can see into the classroom to get an idea of the conditions they work in. You got to a typical Dominican house, and a farm, you then have lunch and a swim, so don't forget your stuff!, the sun does get hot on the vehicles, so if you burn easy it would be an idea to cover up with something. You do stop off at shop to buy gifts, drinks, ciccies etc so take some money with you. Take some sweets for the children and they all come out to see you when the trucks go by and the sweets go down a treat. A guy on with us on the trip took a polaroid camera and was taking pics of the kids for them, they were facinated by them, so if you have one it would be a lovely gift for them!. Be prepared to get wet, not just by the swimming, I will say no more!!! - bye!

stowmarket u.k
Level Contributor
156 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: monster truck tour

we did the dominican disscovery fantastic you go to the villages to see the old diminicans horse riding, you get to go swimming have lunch and you can buy some prezzies i took pencils and paper for the children as they dont hav much and they all thank you. enjoy your holiday. liz

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
65 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: monster truck tour

We did the monster truck tour, and I have to say it was absolutely fantastic! We had a really great tour guide who told us loads of information, and the whole day was great fun. Definitely one to do!

North East England
Level Contributor
450 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: monster truck tour

We did Monster Truck and Outback Safari and both were excellent trips. Monster truck tipped the winner as we had water fights with other trucks and the atmosphere was excellent. Yes you visit a school but you do with the outback safari also same as a DR house. Would not hesitate to do both a again as both had their own experiences. Either one or both are a must.

rickmansworth
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: monster truck tour

my daughter & i fancy doing a monster truck tour it sounds bril

UK
Level Contributor
268 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: monster truck tour

The Monster Tour is great fun...however a few observations I made:

The kids have plenty...of pens! Their pockets were stuffed with them from all the visitors..is there something else that might be more useful? Perhaps paper???

Also, an observation that someone else had made was that a tourist bought some pens from one of the stalls selling them. They gave the pen to the children who a short time later returned the pens to the seller to be sold again. When the tour guide was questioned he said that he heard a similar story the week before so it might be happening.

So, I suggest that if you plan giving something to the kids make sure it's something that that can't be resold. i.e. pens etc with the name of the retailer written on them...i.e. Walmart!

9. Re: monster truck tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 09:16