We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean World

Wales
Level Contributor
18 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Ocean World

Hi

We are going to stay at rui Merengue in September. I really want to make sure that get to swim with the dolphins, have the encounter.

If we were to book before we went, who would you recommend to book the trip with and how would you get there!

UK
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean World

Hi

If you follow the link below you can book online direct with ocean world! Its the same price anywhere you book it and it garantees you availability. Included in swims/encounters are: your swim, entry to park, transfers from most hotles in the area, lunch, snorkling and all activerties within the park!

http://www.oceanworld.net/indexf.html

Wales
Level Contributor
18 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean World

thats great

many thanks

chigwell, essex. uk
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean World

Airbuster,

I have just made reservations online with Ocean World. We have chosen a Sunday, because apparently the Riu's can get busy at weekends, as Dominican people come in for weekend breaks.

When you make the reservation, they will email you a confirmation, you print it off and take it with you.

Pay your rep, in resort at least 48 hours before your trip to guarantee your place.

So it's worth doing to get the exact day you want.

We did it last year and really enjoyed it. The park is fairly small (in comparison to the US), but it is also considerably cheaper than the US.

It is approximately 15 mins in the Ocean World bus, they pick you up from the Merengue reception.

Lorraine

uk england
Level Contributor
599 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocean World

hi i was swimming with the dolphins just last week and it was worth every penny my mum and friend did the encounter but they were gutted they didnt do the swimm it was great we didnt book any trips with the reps we done it all through the guys on the beach and yes your fully insured we couldnt make it one day and they just gave us the money back and its a lot cheaper the only thing you cant get cheaper is the swimm with the dolphins everybody is the same price weather you book at hotel guys on the beach but do the swim once in a life time thing hope you have a good time which i know you will

Wigan, UK
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Ocean World

Hi all

It will be my 18th birthday while we are away in the Riu Merengue.

I have wanted to swim with dolphins for about 6 years since the first time i went to Orlando. We wer unable to do it in Orlando as it was fully booked up and very expensive for my mum as she didnt want to swim just wanted entry to the park to watch myself and my dad.

I have been wondering whether you get to do everything in the swim and you do in the encounter plus obviously swim.

Which would you recommend?

Also i have been told that you can get a dvd of your swim but it will include everyone else in it unless you ask for just yourself to be videoed and this will cost $70 approx. Has anyone had this done, if so is it worth it or would you just recommend my mum taking the video camera and videoing it herself?

Thanks

Danielle xxx

6. Re: Ocean World

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 04:19