We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Peanut butter

Which Puerto Plata hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton, Canada
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Peanut butter

Hey.

Myself and my partner are staying at Iberostar and were wondering if there is peanut butter at the buffet? We both get a lot of our protein from peanut butter and will bring our own if it isn't readily available on the resort.

Thanks!

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
37,666 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Peanut butter

I have never seen peanut butter on any of my visits but then again I have never looked for it, hopefully someone that has been recently might chime in if they have come across it, so I would advise you take a couple of jars with you to be on the safe side.

Angie.

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17,177 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Peanut butter

Also if you are going to be out and about some and the resort does not have it, peanut butter is available in all of the grocery stores.

BObK

Charlottetown...
Level Contributor
770 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Peanut butter

I'm running through all the images of my memory to answer this one:-) I know they have Nutella, and jams and honey. I'm pretty sure there is peanut butter but can't answer 100 per cent. If you have a preference for the 100 per cent pure peanut type, I would say either pack a jar in your luggage, or like Bob says, go to the grocery store and buy some.

Santo Domingo...
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Peanut butter

Dominicans really do not eat peanut butter. I would say if you really need it bring your own. The smaller supermarkets most likely will not have it but they will have peanuts. So you can always just have them. Most Dominicans will not even know what peanut butter is.

cornwall
Level Contributor
353 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Peanut butter

Guarantee they don't have any. We have been there twice and are going again in Feb and definitely take some with us. At the end of our trips we always leave it for the workers. They are very happy when we leave it for them.

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
7,831 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Peanut butter

It would be easiest to just put a jar in your checked luggage. If not, All the supermarkets sell PB, my kids love it. Jif is our Mantequilla de Mani of choice.

Charlottetown...
Level Contributor
770 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Peanut butter

This is an old topic but yes there is peanut butter at the I breakfast buffet

8. Re: Peanut butter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2015, 05:15