We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Bachata

Which Puerto Plata hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Stirling, Canada
Level Contributor
791 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Riu Bachata

can you use the facilities thru the day, bars and restaurants etc at the Merengue? see a great deal but was wondering about the sharing. Thanks

Belleville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,881 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Bachata

dets ....Yes... stay at Bachata & use the facilities at the Merengue Gardens & Village during the day/evening. But you must eat your evening meal at the resort at which you are registered in.

And yes....from what I am understanding, construction at the CruisePort is still on the go & can be heard at the Bachata. CruisePort is suppose to open sometime in 2014

Stirling, Canada
Level Contributor
791 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Bachata

Not sure whether to book merengue or Bachata. Was leaning to Bachata but construction makes me nervous! Anyone have any thoughts? Did the construction just start?

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
37,273 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Bachata

Dets,

You might like to read this thread from November.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g147290-i64-k698…

Angie.

Stirling, Canada
Level Contributor
791 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu Bachata

Thanks Angie, think we will go with the merengue to be sure of the noise. Thanks

yorkshire-uk
Level Contributor
314 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Riu Bachata

We arrived at the Riu Bachata 14th Jan here till 28th. Yes you can hear a little noise now and again but not enough to cause concern. We still go to the smaller bay to sunbath. Twice since we arrived we have heard the pilons being hammered in but it only lasted a few minutes. I cannot even hear anything at the moment. Hope this helps

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Riu Bachata

does any body know how much the trip to paradise island is .i will be staying at the rui merengue in april

thank you

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
37,273 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Riu Bachata

Steve,

I answered the new thread you started :)

Angie.

Stirling, Canada
Level Contributor
791 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Riu Bachata

We decided to not risk it and booked the merengue. We can use the facilities there too so not a big problem. Thanks for the update though. We don't go till the end of march so who knows at what point the construction will be at by then. Thanks again

Crawfordville...
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Riu Bachata

Can anyone tell me if the Riu Bachata has hair dryers?

yorkshire-uk
Level Contributor
314 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Riu Bachata

Yes they do and powerful too.