We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lifestyles Puerto Plata - Shareholder Opinions?

Which Puerto Plata hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Center Valley...
Level Contributor
849 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Lifestyles Puerto Plata - Shareholder Opinions?

Hey! Many of you are regulars like myself. Some of which I know are shareholders, or have traveled with Shareholders. We are considering buying in as a beneficiary under an existing S-Contract, and we are visiting the resort this year at the same time as the Shareholder, so she can extend black bands and we can "sample" the Sh-only areas. I understand really, all that means is Azul & Deja View Beach w/ Diamond Grill, and perhaps some preferential / expedited treatment on the shuttles (We are staying in the Presidential Suites, no cart). Can anyone tell me anything about Azul & Diamond Grill, as well as DeJa View beach? Thanks!!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lifestyles Puerto Plata - Shareholder Opinions?

Hi Kelly. We are not shareholders but last March we were at Lifestyles and we were puzzled to see so many shareholders on Serenity beach when Deja Vu seemed to be very quiet. We asked and were told that as DV had no direct access to the shore (same as Harmony) many preferred to use Serenity and go for snacks at DV. However, many also went to Anjas for lunch. I think Oh Crepes was also popular.

I also heard mixed views of Azul. We go in June (also in Presidential suites) so I'm going to try to blag a meal there, but not bothered. Jazz is more than good enough.

I had an idea that Serenity might become shareholders only (boo hoo) but so far it hasn't happened.

Can't give you answers from experience, but I'm sure some shareholders will be able to help.

Center Valley...
Level Contributor
849 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lifestyles Puerto Plata - Shareholder Opinions?

Hi - we've noticed a very empty Deja View beach on our trips also. I hear, though, that the Diamond Grill is better for lunch and snacks that Serenity's grill (however, I think Serenity food is AWESOME). Also, Deja View has a COLD bubble tub, which Serenity is lacking. My husband hates to swim in the ocean, so he'd spend far more time on the beach with me with the cold tub available. I'm thinking he might like Deja View a lot, and we can always walk down to serenity if we want to go in the water.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
487 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Lifestyles Puerto Plata - Shareholder Opinions?

Deja Vu is nice and they have built a wooden deck out on the point with loungers on it where there is a nice breeze. the food is very good as well and yes there is a two level tub right by the 'beach'.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lifestyles Puerto Plata - Shareholder Opinions?

Sounds much better. Maybe Lifestyles have started to listen.

Quilcene, Washington
Level Contributor
4,037 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lifestyles Puerto Plata - Shareholder Opinions?

IMHO the price you would pay to buy in as a beneficiary would be better spent on something else.

Deja Vu is no better than Serenity thus the reason it is always empty while Serenity is standing room only.

Azul is mediocre at best, the food very similar to the Gourmet & just as bad.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lifestyles Puerto Plata - Shareholder Opinions?

As a benficiary, are you actually a member of LHVC? Surely the Primary member will have priotity for any bookings and if he/she wants to take a party of 12 to the resort, does that mean that beneficiaries wanting to book for the same dates will not get black bands? This sounds like another dodgy "spur of the moment" decision by management.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
487 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Lifestyles Puerto Plata - Shareholder Opinions?

That is correct Sefton they will only issue 12 Black bands per share at the same time and only one booking would get Member benefits(limo, heli or BBQ).

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lifestyles Puerto Plata - Shareholder Opinions?

That's what I thought. We'll stick with what we've got.

Quilcene, Washington
Level Contributor
4,037 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lifestyles Puerto Plata - Shareholder Opinions?

We have had the opportunity to buy in as "beneficiaries" but passed, as I stated I do not see a any advantage to it.

Cape May, New Jersey
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Lifestyles Puerto Plata - Shareholder Opinions?

Kelly,

The reason Deja Vu is usually empty is because of the lack of access to the water as well as less of a breeze unless your right out on the edge. The food there is very good though, and if u want something done a bit different they will of course accommodate you. As for Azul, we personally love it there! As we go there quite often, both the resort as well as Azul, they recognize us and rember our preferences. Again, they are always willing to accommodate you.

The only issue I see for you with being a beneficiary was mentioned above, only one party at a time will be honored, no exceptions. So you will have to check with the actual shareholder as well as any other beneficiary when anyone is using the membership. Also keep in mind, some shareholders use it as a business and if they have someone booked, you can not go, the shareholder has priority, so you may not get to use it as often as you would like. Discuss all of this with the shareholder before you do anything. Also, you will not receive the shareholder vouchers, those are only to the primary shareholder.

Its a great property so any membership is nice! Yes, it is nice knowing the transportation we prefer is always available, as well as our choice of restaurants, but you'll find us on Serenity beach every day, and at all the "regular" restaurants as well, we enjoy it all!

We will be back again Feb 26 for two weeks! Enjoy your trip, I'm sure you'll have a great time!!!