We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel VH gran ventana HELP !!

gatineau
14 posts
Save Topic
Hotel VH gran ventana HELP !!

I am going to vh gran ventana hotel on april 10 with my boyfriend and some friends we are young and we like to have fun, i saw that this hotel is really calm and we are going there to relax but maybe 1 or 2 night we would like to go out and have some drinks, i was wondering if near the hotel there is a club or a place that we could go safely? thank you very much

Je m'envais a l'hotel vh gran ventana le 10 avril prochain avec mon copain et un couple d'amis, nous sommes debut vingtaine. J'ai pu lire que le site etait tres calme, nous allons pour relaxer mais aussi pour s'amuser, je me demandais si pres de l'hotel il y avait des bars ou des places pour s'amuser le soir tout en etant securitaire? Merci d'avance

nova scota
Level Contributor
66 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel VH gran ventana HELP !!

yes there are bars right outside the resort

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
120 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel VH gran ventana HELP !!

yes they have coco bongo and rode way. two little clubs walking distance from the hotel. they are cool. its kinda a low key hotel. i was there in june 2012. but its nice, its clean, food is decent. best clubs is outside the resort. i say hook up with another couple and share a taxi to Pure.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
919 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel VH gran ventana HELP !!

Road Way closed last year :( there are several bars in the plaza where you can go for a drink. They may or may not be busy, hard to say. I guess it depends on how busy the complex is and the kind of people who are there. You could definitely take a cab over to Pure but personally I would head into town. Lots of bars along the Malecon where you could grab a drink and watch the action. Big Lee's Beach Bar is a good one.

Mentioned in this post
Big Lee's Beach Bar
Big Lee's Beach Bar
564 Reviews
Dominican Republic
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
120 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel VH gran ventana HELP !!

ohhh yes I say head to the malecon. they say not to go off the resort, but I say use your brain. I am from NY so I know how to be aware. dont go off the resort being all flashy with expensive jewelry. be normal. there are a lot of local spots. also hook up with one of the guys at the hotel who works there. any country me and my friends go to, we choose someone who works at the resort. ask them to take us to a nice local spot. take a day, see who is cool, and u can tell which person is good to ask. when I was there before it was a young guy named Alex, Alex took us all over puerto plata. he made sure we had a good time.

5. Re: Hotel VH gran ventana HELP !!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2015, 05:16