We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort

Gurley, Alabama...
Level Contributor
118 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Confresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort

We are planning a trip to the Dominican Republic and trying to decide on a resort. Any reviews on the Confresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort would be appreciated. Thanks!

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
59 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Confresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort

Hi Paula, check the reviews section and not the forums if you want reviews. However here's some advice if you're not familiar with resorts like this:

1) not everyone paid the same price so their expectations may be different. I paid $150 for five nights through a CheapCaribbean deal while others pay that for one night. If you're paying that much for one night investigate going through a shareholder to get true VIP perks.

2) people grade on different things- some reviews are high because the animation teams are great, while I find that stuff annoying. Likewise some reviews are low because they don't serve Jack Daniels or their hamburgers are bad. I expect neither while out of the country.

Hope this helps- main point: don't pay $100+ for a basic room, either wait for a good sale or spend that money with a shareholder that can guarantee a gold bracelet. Just know that you may be charged additional all-inclusive fees of like $50 per person when using a timeshare person so be sure to ask.

Boston...
Level Contributor
263 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Confresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort

MidwesternMistress has some good advice. Keep your expectations in check when you take advantage of bargains. Say to yourself "Self! You aren't paying much so don't expect what the others who are paying more are getting.Don't be jealous when you see them going to more and better restaurants. Don't be envious when you see them going to better beaches. Don't get upset when you have to wait in long lines for dinner reservations, and others don't. Don't envy others who have a room in a better location. Self! Did you get that?"

--- Bob

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Confresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort

Any room suggestion at Confresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort close to everything have cronic asthma not to walk to much?

Boston...
Level Contributor
263 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Confresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort

You can't reserve specific rooms or buildings, unfortunately. The good news is that there is shuttle service throughout the resort. You can certainly put in for a room near a shuttle stop due to your condition, but don't expect it. Have a great time. I'll be there this winter, and I'm really, really looking forward to it.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Confresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort

Are you and your wife a vip member?Is there anything we should know before we get to the resort?

Boston...
Level Contributor
263 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Confresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort

Hi fancyface. Yes, we are shareholder members of Lifestyle and really love the place. For various reasons, we no longer rent to anyone except family and a few friends, so we have nothing to gain personally by telling you this. You should really rent from from a member for more benefits. That is a given. You really should just look over previous forum postings from other guests and members to get more of a flavor for it. Take the formal "reviews" with a grain of salt. You never know much about the person who is writing them, and if they have an axe to grind, because something didn't go their way. Often they are the people paying the least and not getting the most. Some people don't understand how life works. All I will tell you here is that the key word is "flexibility", especially if traveling during the peak winter season. This is a VERY popular resort, where members and guests keep on coming back, especially when the weather is cold here in the north. You should note that you will be right at home there with a huge number of Canadians. Relax, have a good time, and make some great friends with the staff and guests.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Confresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort

Thank you so very much i really appreciate your help i will enjoy my trip and make the best of the 10 days i will be there :)

8. Re: Confresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 December 2015, 05:17